RIP Chuck Berry
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
RIP
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Thought he was already dead tbh
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Thought he was already dead tbh

I did too.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
One of the first licks I ever learned was the intro to Roll Over Beethoven.
Peace Chuck Berry
yea he dead
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by 33db
One of the first licks I ever learned was the intro to Roll Over Beethoven.
Peace Chuck Berry

the audience lacks rhythm 

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM

The audience doesn't know WTF is going on.
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
rhythm hadn't been invented back then

anyway RIP
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I did hear about him being a huge jerk/diva in real life, but he really seemed to have mellowed and become pleasant in his later years. Either way, his impact on music is unquestionable. I was looking forward to his new album - still am. It's a huge loss.
called it
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Awww
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Let's all get drunk and duck walk for Chuck!

lol at the host of this show running after introducing Chuck.

Last edited by Rebel Scum at Mar 19, 2017,
Quote by Spinnerweb
I did hear about him being a huge jerk/diva in real life

Think about the era he was playing in, a black man playing rock n roll in a white dominate country.
You had to be bold, and have somewhat of an ego to survive, they were still lynching blacks then.
Quote by 33db
Think about the era he was playing in, a black man playing rock n roll in a white dominate country.
You had to be bold, and have somewhat of an ego to survive, they were still lynching blacks then.

True. To that extent it might be justified. But some other stuff I read he did to his fans and people who supported him wasn't (denying an autograph to Brian Johnson in quite an arrogant way, the way he treated some women during sex, etc.). Still, like I said, I do believe he mellowed, and his music is priceless either way.
Quote by Spinnerweb
True. To that extent it might be justified. But some other stuff I read he did to his fans and people who supported him wasn't (denying an autograph to Brian Johnson in quite an arrogant way, the way he treated some women during sex, etc.). Still, like I said, I do believe he mellowed, and his music is priceless either way.

I just don't delve that deeply into muscians/artist lives, I'm there for their talent and not much else.
It seems these days personal lives are oh so important.

As far as Brian Johnson goes, another drunk Aussie complaining about something that happened in 1975 shows you what he's made of, still holding a grudge all these years later.

On that note, I want to say I didn't really know what rock n roll was until I saw ACDC in Seattle with Bon Scott, they warmed up for Cheap Trick (laugh) and Ted Nugent.
I had no idea who ACDC was, and the audience was booing them, Bon Scott would say "thank you thank you" while they booed and hucked shoes and crap at him.
Then during a song Bon Scott gets down into the audience, Angus got on his shoulders and they wade out into the crowd with Angus kicking anyone trying to grab his guitar right in the face, playing the whole time.

Blew me away, that was rock n roll.
After that, the audience cheered them, no more booing, and after ACDC's set Cheap Trick seemed exactly that, a cheap trick.
Brian Johnson was always ever just a stand in...
Quote by 33db
I just don't delve that deeply into muscians/artist lives, I'm there for their talent and not much else.
It seems these days personal lives are oh so important.

As far as Brian Johnson goes, another drunk Aussie complaining about something that happened in 1975 shows you what he's made of, still holding a grudge all these years later.

On that note, I want to say I didn't really know what rock n roll was until I saw ACDC in Seattle with Bon Scott, they warmed up for Cheap Trick (laugh) and Ted Nugent.
I had no idea who ACDC was, and the audience was booing them, Bon Scott would say "thank you thank you" while they booed and hucked shoes and crap at him.
Then during a song Bon Scott gets down into the audience, Angus got on his shoulders and they wade out into the crowd with Angus kicking anyone trying to grab his guitar right in the face, playing the whole time.

Blew me away, that was rock n roll.
After that, the audience cheered them, no more booing, and after ACDC's set Cheap Trick seemed exactly that, a cheap trick.
Brian Johnson was always ever just a stand in...
I was actually gonna like your post until the last line. Brian was as electric as Bon in his own way. It's just that AC/DC weren't booed anymore at that point. I love your description of Bon and Angus though, that really was rock'n'roll
Personal lives aren't important for the most part, but most celebrities don't bother to keep them private so they become a part of their public image, and for a kid whose hero they could be... yeah.
Last edited by Spinnerweb at Mar 19, 2017,
Great icon, dirty old man! My dad (bassist) played as his support band for a show in a Swansea back in the late 1970s to early 1980s, he turned up shortly before playing with just his guitar, no amp or leads or anything (they had to provide) and the guys in the band had to tune his guitar for him because he would have fully just played it straight from the case according to them, he walked on stage and played the set and then said "thanks boys" and left.

The story was told in good spirits about Chuck, as if he had that charming rockstar carefree no fucks given approach.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by Bigbazz

The story was told in good spirits about Chuck, as if he had that charming rockstar carefree no fucks given approach.

I love that, no fucks given and none taken.
RIP Chuck Berry.
I learned the intro riff of "Johnny B. Goode" today, shortly after learning he was dead. I discovered his music too late to listen to much of it while he was still alive. Now I kinda wish I'd been alive already when Rock 'n' Roll was born.
I was thinking about Maybelline today during my current fandom of Gravity Falls wondering if Mable was short for Maybelline?- His music lives on to today even - in that it still found itself into this psyche when thinking about a cartoon show I've recently gotten into. Of course his influence spawned rock as it was known with The Rolling Stones; for if it wasn't for millions of young kids listening to his records 'back in the day' we wouldn't have had music like it was, like how it happened if it wasn't for this gentleman...
He probably was even the guy who made guitar cool, I owe so much to him for that and it is with fondness that I think of Chuck Berry, God rest his soul. Great great man, and so sadly lost as I heard he had an album coming out this year of all new material too - his first studio album out in a generation.

Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Mar 19, 2017,
One of Chuck's best TBH:

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

RIP in peace Chuckie

I played with my ding-a-ling this morning thinking about you.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Evilnine
One of Chuck's best TBH:

That's honestly one of Chuck's worst. It's a novelty and it baffles me how of all his hits, thats the only one that reached #1 (under Billboard 100).

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Mar 21, 2017,