Hi everyone,

I posted about this a few months ago but pretty much gave up after not being able to find a solution, but here goes....

I was playing through my Vox AC15 a few months ago and it was going perfectly fine, and then the volume cut out almost entirely. It has a very faint sound when the volume and gained are turned up pretty high, but nothing much louder than a whisper.

People seemed to think it was the tubes when I asked this last, so I replaced every tube with brand new ones. That didn't solve the problem, so I pretty much gave up and stopped using it.

And so yesterday, I'm not sure why but I Had a good feeling, and I powered it up for the first time in probably four months, and it was working fine. I didn't do anything differently, but it was fine. I was super excited and glad it had worked itself out.

So fast forward to today, and Im playing it a bit and the sound gives out yet again just like it had previously.

Anybody have any ideas as to what could be going wrong? I've changed guitars, cables, tried the guitars and cables on other amps, and nothing. 

Please help! Thanks guys!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Does the sound go out after turning it on and playing for awhile, or is in like that as soon as you power it up?
If it takes awhile, then it may be the filter capacitors.
CodeMonk The sound goes out right upon turning it on. There is no part where it is on normally. 
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
That could still be filter caps.
Its just more common for them to act up when they get heating up. Really more of a warning sign that they are going out.
But it could be a lot of other thing too.

Could be a bad solder joint too.
Having it work, then not work in an inconsistent manner, often points to a bad/broken solder joint
Maybe loose wire on the input jack, I've seen that often enough.

BUT, UNLESS YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WORKING ON THE GUTS OF YOUR AMP, IT SHOULD BE TAKEN TO A KNOWLEDGEABLE TECHNICIAN.
HIGH AND LETHAL VOLTAGES ARE INSIDE. EVEN LONG AFTER IT HAS BEEN TURNED OFF AND UNPLUGGED. 
CodeMonk Yeah definitely won't gut it myself. Thanks for all the input. Just trying to figure out if its worth it to put $100 of repairs into a $400 amp right now. If anyone else has any other thoughts that would be great! I'll probably bring it to a tech some time this week.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Was it overheating?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup Doesn't really seem to be.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
when it was acting up initailly, was it getting hot?

a lot of Vox AC__ amps can get really hot. that could have melted a solder joint.

also the rectifiefiers are a bitch on those amps.

i wouldn't use it until something is figured out. you could do further damage.

also did it have a smell what it went out?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
diceksox1809 Referring to the Eminence you put in the amp, you got the correct ohm rating for it right? As in, the stock speaker was 8 ohms so you got an 8 ohm Eminence? Or 16 stock, 16 replacement, etc.?

If you know how to get into the chassis, you could check to see if anything looks obviously burnt or otherwise destroyed. However if you do not want to work on it yourself, I would say just take it to a tech.