I'm always having problems when I want to light up the song with some face melters.
I can't think of some ingredients to make it good for the song. Sometimes I it's too fast, sometimes
It's so slow, sometimes I mess up the song. 

Any Advice? Feel free to share your techniques.

Newbie here by the way.
TheMadTurtle This is impossible to give a generic answer to.  The main thing is that the solo suits the song, and that may often mean you can't just go pulling old licks out and using them, nor just thrashing around on scales.  If there's a melody present, a good starting point is starting with something that mimics and builds from it,  But it depends so much on the style of music.
It's good that you think toward what is "good for the song"; that one thing really distinguishes the better guitarists.

There is not any perfect method for raising ideas of what to play; the general advise says listen to a lot of music.
Include music styles you don't play or like - the logic of musical idea composition may be found in any kind of music.

I play jazz, so it may be a little different from what you play, but my general performance advice for soloing is this:

- use musical judgement; make decisions based on the tone and style of the tune

- know the melody, play it, vary it, deviate from it, decompose it... always know it

- let intuition (experience disguised as musical judgement) influence your playing

- play only for the way it sounds, not for the way it coheres to a theory or system

- play in a way that you make musical statements, never just to prove something

- outside, fully altered, etc. solo; clean it up before handing over to the next soloist
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
Just to add to this, and I know a lot of new players hate to hear this, but learn as much theory as possible. Especially things like scales, modes, intervals, and inversions. Also train your ears. If you have a good ear you are going to be able to figure out where you want things to go in respect to what's currently going on.

Also just keep in mind that most good solos actually come from planning. As a lead guitarist if I am forced to improvise or just am practicing improvising I often build off of things I can already do well.

Check out http://meludia.com/en/ it's great for ear training.

Good luck!
Kevin
TheMadTurtle

1) learn some slow solos by ear. Players with great phrasing should be studied - Mark Knopler, Albert King, Bill Frisell etc - these players help you use silence and sustain, rather than simply running lick after lick. That approach will help you in any genre, even metal.

2) it helps to learn the vocal melody on guitar. If you do this, you'll have a better grasp of where the money notes are for that song - quoting and altering the melody always sounds great as well.

3) learn the major and minor scale and learn the more common modes - Dorian and Mixolydian.

4)practice starting lines on the 1, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th notes of the chord - it helps to be familiar with options.
theEmbark reverb66 NO! Forget about modes.  They can definitely add a little spice to a solo, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  
TheMadTurtle, something that would help a lot is to forget about trying to write a solo just for the sake of writing a solo.  A song will tell you if it needs a solo, and if it does, listen to the rhythm over and over until you can hear the solo forming in your head.  Then it's just a matter of finding those notes on the guitar.  Learning a little bit of theory can make this easier, but it's still not required.  Once you can do that, then it's just a matter of learning how to play it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.