I buying a new (preowned) bass amp, and I don't know which to get. The first choice would be a laney 25w amp with a 10" speaker (Laney Hc25b). Or I could get the marshall B25 Mk2 which also has a ten inch speaker, and 25w. They are both going for the same price.

Thank you.
markminimethod they actually same thing... Both are cheap china crap amps thay has Marshall or Laney brand on it... Forget about sound just think now what brand that has better support in your area.. Marshall or Laney.. So if shit happen you can easily claim your waranty...
Last edited by datresults at Mar 19, 2017,
Neither

look for a Peavey 115 or an Ampeg BA or Ashdown Mag or something like that. Those three are generally pretty cheap used
Quote by markminimethod
I buying a new (preowned) bass amp, and I don't know which to get. The first choice would be a laney 25w amp with a 10" speaker (Laney Hc25b). Or I could get the marshall B25 Mk2 which also has a ten inch speaker, and 25w. They are both going for the same price.

Thank you.

Between these two, it doesn't matter. You're not going to get a lot of bass from either one. But you'll get *some* kind of sound, which is better than none, I guess. 
I have a Marshall B25, honestly I think it's one of the worst sounding bass amps you can really buy. When I borrowed my mates similarly priced Hartke combo I was really surprised at just how much better it sounded. I don't have any recent experience with Laney bass combos but I'd steer clear of the Marshall personally. It will do the job for sure and will be cheap, but that's about it.

I'm unsure on prices but check out Trace Elliot, Ashdown, Ampeg, Hartke. If the Laney/Marshall is the only option I'd go with the Laney if you can't try both to see which you like most.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Last edited by Bigbazz at Mar 19, 2017,