Hi!  
I have been playing guitar for about 6 years but I still haven't used both pickups (neck + bridge) at the same time in metal.
Does anybody uses both pickups in heavy music? What is the place for it?

Most of the time
Bridge = rhythm
Neck =lead
Both = ?????

To be honest I don't think that I even hear the difference between neck pickup and neck+bridge
It isn't in common usage for high gain tones, but it works great for cleans if the pickups are well matched. Tonally it literally takes how a bridge pickup sounds and blends it with the neck. It tends to have have way more treble and a lot more mids than just the neck pickup on its own. Assuming you're talking about guitars with a HH pickup config of course.

Experiment. You may find a great use for it somewhere.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I may use neck+bridge for some lead sounds occasionally, but definitely not too often.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I play mostly metal and for me it's one or the other both together with high gain is just not a good sound IMO it tends to get muddy and lose clarity.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Yeah like everyone else says- I might use it for quieter/cleaner passages in metal, but I'd never really use it for higher gain stuff. FWIW I use the bridge pickup alone for lead a lot, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the classic JB/Jazz combo in my Les Paul. The middle position is my go to for clean sounds. Depends on your pickup combo, some mixtures are just meant to be.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I have the classic JB/Jazz combo in my Les Paul. The middle position is my go to for clean sounds. Depends on your pickup combo, some mixtures are just meant to be.

Yup. The JB/Jazz combo in my Jackson has awesome cleans. I especially like that the Jackson has 24 frets because it means the Jazz is even closer to the bridge than usual, which makes it beautifully articulate. I've modded it to have coil splits too which are a great thing to have with such pickup positioning.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm an oddball*- I tend to play in the middle positions of my selectors, regardless of genre or guitar.

Then again, I'm just trying to please my own ears 90% of the time, not match the tone of someone else's playing or making an audience happy.

* as anyone who has seen a significant portion of my posting history will attest
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I use that configuration while playing clean but lazily switching to wah-fuzz resulted in a fun tone. It wasn't straight up brootz but that wasn't what I was going for.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."