Hey all,

Need some help with a wiring diagram!
I've got a guitar with two humbuckers and one volume pot. No tone or anything. Has a 3 way blade switch but need to install a 5 way super switch to get the following results:
1. NECK humbucker only
2. Neck coil (neck side) + Bridge coil (neck side)
3. NECK + BRIDGE humbuckers
4. Neck coil (bridge side) + Bridge coil (bridge side)
5. BRIDGE humbucker only

Can anyone help out with a diagram for this? Or even a slightly altered diagram. Can only find Seymour Duncan diagrams for basic wiring with basic coil split for 2 and 4.

Cheers in advance!
hi
You wont be able to wire the pickups into spliting into the slug and then the adjustable coil. The reason is that for the slug spliting ur using a black wire as hot and the red+white as series link, when spliting the pickup into adjustable coil the hot wire is the red one and the series link is green+black. ( http://proguitarshop.com/media/cms/audio/coil_splitting.jpg )

u might do it iff ur instaling rotary switch or orother multy kind of switch - but the wiring shematic will be complicated
Last edited by kristbubnjar at Mar 20, 2017,
I think this should do the trick.  I used Duncan's color scheme.  Let me know how it works out.
BTW I always refer to bridge as position 1, so my 1-5 are the reverse of yours.

Quote by runriot_z28
I think this should do the trick.  I used Duncan's color scheme.  Let me know how it works out.
BTW I always refer to bridge as position 1, so my 1-5 are the reverse of yours.

Just wired it up and first time it worked! Thanks so much for your help! Got a bit confusing reading it backwards and also converting to DiMarzio colour scheme but got there in the end