My dads friend came over and he needs to know what kind of guitar this is and he might lend me it since I actually play. 

(Tell the model and the year, not just the name of the guitar. It's obviously an SG)
2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard T (Tea Burst)
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 (Black Cherry)
2014 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro (Honey Burst)
You need to send pics of the whole guitar. Especially the headstock.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
wayyy more pics are necessary.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's obviously something from the mid-70's, but I've never paid much attention to specific SG models.  If you measure the nut width, I'll bet it's 1 9/16". 

I'm guessing it's an early '70's Gibson SG Deluxe in Walnut with a factory Bigsby.

Some of these are old enough that they may have started out as cherry finish over mahogany, but the cherry finish has changed colors to brown, but if this is overall brown, it was probably Walnut (finished) to start. Removing the Bigsby will tell you stories.
Last edited by dspellman at Mar 20, 2017,
I had one of these in the early 70's. It was the only Gibson I ever bought new. I think it was around 1973 but could have been late 72. As far as I remember it was just an SG standard modal for that short time but I really didn't know much about various modals at the time. I only had it for a year and I traded it for a 1969 Flying V one of those guitars that I traded later very stupidly for a new Roland Space Echo. I still have the Space Echo collecting dust in my basement, wish I had the Flying V instead.. 
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Mar 20, 2017,
That bridge gave me heartburn.

Edit: Some research shows me that the front mounted control plate was put on only from 1971-1972 due to unpopularity. Bigsby would make it a Deluxe model. That bridge shows up in some searches. Too bad it's so ugly, but seems original.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 20, 2017,
JustRoosterWait are u saying the guitar is ugly???

Also is it an SG Deluxe? Pro? Custom?
I think I found out what it is. It seems to be a 1971-1972 Gibson SG Pro, not Deluxe.
All the Pros I'm finding seem to have P90 pickups. What makes you think it's not a deluxe?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
JustRooster I actually take that back I just noticed the p90s. Also every pro I search has dotted inlays, not rectangle inlays. I'm confused
I'm sure it's worthless, I'll take it off his hands

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
K33nbl4d3naaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Quote by JustRooster
That bridge gave me heartburn.

Edit:  Some research shows me that the front mounted control plate was put on only from 1971-1972 due to unpopularity.  Bigsby would make it a Deluxe model.  That bridge shows up in some searches.  Too bad it's so ugly, but seems original.

I *love* those old harmonica bridges. They popped up on everything Gibson during the early '70's, I think. I have one on an LP, another on an L6-S, another on an L5-S. A version of those also showed up on Ibanez Artist AR300's and the like, bolted to a solid block of brass embedded in the body. 
Quote by NHRoccodog
I think I found out what it is. It seems to be a 1971-1972 Gibson SG Pro, not Deluxe.

I think Gibson used "Pro" to designate guitars from that era that had one or more P90's. There was an LP "Pro" that had a bridge humbucker and a neck P90; Neal Schon played one for a while.
Norlin SG variant.  Not my favorite era for Gibson but probably a decent player.  I didn't care for the hardware or 1/2 moon control plate of those days.  Here is the iconic SG to my eyes:
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Mar 21, 2017,
Here is a 71 SG Standard that looks like nearly the same hardware and simple body contours.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Mar 21, 2017,
In post #2, that guitar look like Gibson to me.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold hardware)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
Send your pics and a pic of the serial number to Gibson customer support. You should also share your pics on the Gibson Forum. They can tell you right down to the month when the guitar was finished as well as details. If they have a brochure, they usually email you a pdf. 
Quote by Cajundaddy
Here is a 71 SG Standard that looks like nearly the same hardware and simple body contours.

Again, I'm not an SG fan or an aficionado, but my understanding is that you can tell a Deluxe by mother of pearl block inlays as opposed to trap plastic inlays on the Standard. I should note, however, that in the early '70's, Gibson threw almost anything on these planks and dished them out, so  who knows? Maybe the guy that runs this website: http://www.everythingsg.com/