Other
20 44%
Voters: 45.
Page 1 of 3
For me it's either Picasso, Rosetti or Magritte
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Caravan Palace

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
JMW Turner and Jack Vettriano ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
My God, it's full of stars!
The Mexicans. They paint a mean house.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Zdzislaw Beksinski

I can't post pics now because I'm on this shitty phone but look him up (if u know what's good for ya)
who was the person who painted that one picture of the dogs playing cards, bc that one is pretty funny
they think they are humans
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Zdzislaw Beksinski

I can't post pics now because I'm on this shitty phone but look him up (if u know what's good for ya)
Ahh yes, I forgot how creepy his stuff is.

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Quote by institutions
who was the person who painted that one picture of the dogs playing cards, bc that one is pretty funny
they think they are humans

yeah lol that is funny

must have been da vinci, or michelangelo
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Well some people try to pick up girls
And get called assholes
This never happened to Pablo Picasso
He could walk down your street
And girls could not resist his stare and
So Pablo Picasso was never called an asshole
Innovation: da Vinci

Abstraction : Picasso

Overall style : bob Ross
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I'm not cultured enough to know a painter's style just by their name but Bob Ross is pretty chill so yea
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
no Van Gogh? That must be the basic bitch choice, which I won't deny when it comes to painting, but I've been to the museum in Arles and it was some of my favourite work I'd ever seen.

the best art museum I've ever been to was the MMK Frankfurt just to throw that out there too. That took modern art form zero to hero for me, couldn't recommend it more highly if anyone gets the opportunity to go there someday.
Van Gogh I learned about at a young age in school when I was in year 3, I remember I liked that teacher, had a crush on her, she taught year 3.
She got me into Van Gogh fore showed his works to the class and asked us to reproduce with pastilles; I chose Van Gogh's A Starry Night and ever since then, when I've ever recreated a Van Gogh, has always been A Starry Night. I came back from America first time I went in 2001 and bought a framed print of Van Gogh's A Starry Night, and I've hung it on my wall wherever I've lived.

- I found out Van Gogh moved to Brixton in South London a happy man and it was here (like the the town over from me, can get a bus to Brixton from my bus stop).. and left Brixton in South London the tortured soul we all know; he went to Bricky Baby! (Welcome to the Ghetto parody of Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses I wrote reference). So much so, Brixton put him on their money (Brixton started printing their own money for Brixton in South London) and they put Van Gogh on the first B£20 note. - I never got my hands on one of those, but if I did, probably, when I was ever in Amsterdam, HAD I HAVE GONE TO THE VAN GOGH MUSEUM (I didn't get to go), I would have probably made time to check it out and donate the B£20 note to them and tell them with his face on it, just for kicks.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Mar 20, 2017,
I watch this.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
James Gleeson.

Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
 Hitler... there was a painter! He could paint an entire apartment in ONE afternoon! TWO coats! 
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Hans Rudolf Giger and Frank Frazetta
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by TROUnation
The one and only Bob Ross of course.

Love that guy, not for his paintings but his voice, it's like Valium
This one dude did a killer job on my deck and shed last summer. He's definitely my favorite painter right now.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
The Mexicans. They paint a mean house.
lmaooo

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Diamond Dave
no Van Gogh? That must be the basic bitch choice, which I won't deny when it comes to painting, but I've been to the museum in Arles and it was some of my favourite work I'd ever seen.

the best art museum I've ever been to was the MMK Frankfurt just to throw that out there too. That took modern art form zero to hero for me, couldn't recommend it more highly if anyone gets the opportunity to go there someday.
Shit, I knew I'd forgotten someone.

Quote by 33db
Love that guy, not for his paintings but his voice, it's like Valium
Ain't that the truth. I can watch a whole marathon of his shows and be all relaxed throughout. Crazy to think he was a drill sergeant, or well that's what I've heard.
Quote by TROUnation
Ain't that the truth. I can watch a whole marathon of his shows and be all relaxed throughout. Crazy to think he was a drill sergeant, or well that's what I've heard.

Military career

Ross enlisted in the United States Air Force at 18 years old and served as a medical records technician.[5]:15 He eventually rose to the rank of master sergeant and served as the first sergeant of the U.S. Air Force Clinic at Eielson Air Force Base in Alaska,[7][8] where he first saw the snow and mountains that later became recurring themes in his artwork. He developed his quick-painting technique to create art for sale during brief daily work breaks.[8] Having held military positions that required him to be, in his own words, "tough" and "mean", "the guy who makes you scrub the latrine, the guy who makes you make your bed, the guy who screams at you for being late to work", Ross decided that if he ever left the military, he would never scream again.[8]
Quote by TROUnation
Tell you hwhat, we'll take a little of this Titanium Hwhite

Quote by slapsymcdougal
 Hitler... there was a painter! He could paint an entire apartment in ONE afternoon! TWO coats! 

He was really fucking talented for sure. Look at that detail!

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Schiele.

i've been looking up his paintings since last night and i dig it a lot

he makes human beings look so damn frail in some of his stuff
Last edited by Dregen at Mar 20, 2017,
Can't pick a favourite painter (or a favourite style even), as I've seen so much that blew me away.

Just to single someone out, I as blown away by Aelbert Cuyp's work when I visited the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam last December.
He's known for his landscapes, and the way he uses light is just phenomenal.
I'll sing you a story of a duck
A duck whose name is Alfred Kwak
Quote by Dreadnought
Jack Vettriano ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I grew up with his paintings in the house; he was my mom's favorite.

This one hung over the piano:

Last edited by Zaphikh at Mar 20, 2017,
Quote by Zaphikh
I grew up with his paintings in the house; he was my mom's favorite.

This one hung over the piano:

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Dance Me to the End of Time is my favorite

My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dregen
i've been looking up his paintings since last night and i dig it a lot

he makes human beings look so damn frail in some of his stuff

Yeah, Schiele's when I really "got" how perspective warps reality. He even helped me with body image issues if you can believe it.

Around the time I discovered his work I was also discovering Virginia Woolf's writing, which is a double whammy to a teenager in terms of figuring out more about humans and how it is we express things.
My photography tutor described Schiele as the painter with "the perfect line".

idk what you can do with that info but I more or less agree.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa