Me and my mates are planning to build a band that can participate on events like Battle Of The Bands for extra bucks.
I wonder what techniques should I learn and improve.

As Guitar137335 said, put more info.
I can do everything BASIC. Not arpeggios, shredding, and some hard stuffs like
improvising solos. I can't even read notes, only tabs.

And some advice for teaching my squad good techniques so they can really play like amateurs.
In short words, We Suck At Playing Not Because Of Me?

I will really appreciate any words from you  
Feel free to criticize or give knowledge  
Last edited by TheMadTurtle at Mar 20, 2017,
Don't quite understand, you want your band to suck but not you?

Anyway to became a good Lead guitarist practice Pebber Brown's routine 6 hours a day, everyday. After 2 years you'll be good. That's the reality.

What techniques do you know? Tell us more information!
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
There is no single correct answer to this.  The only thing that matters is that you (and the rest of your band) can play the songs in your set list consistently well.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
+1 to a practice routine. However 6 hours a day is overkill.

The biggest thing is time. Learn to play rhythm guitar first. That's what I always teach. Learn a bit of theory at least enough to understand the fretboard and memorize the fretboard.

Reading music these days is not important. If you need a way to communicate try looking up the Nashville number system.

90% of the time playing lead has nothing to do with shredding. It has to do with understanding harmony and how to create that on guitar.

Also ear training. Think about it as a different skill then playing guitar. In fact is put my guitar away for ear training. Learning to recognize notes and intervals by ear really is when you can begin to truly master the lead guitar. Some people never do any independent ear training they pick it up as they play the guitar but all good lead players have a good ear.
Quote by TheMadTurtle
Me and my mates are planning to build a band that can participate on events like Battle Of The Bands for extra bucks.
I wonder what techniques should I learn and improve.

As Guitar137335 said, put more info.
I can do everything BASIC. Not arpeggios, shredding, and some hard stuffs like
improvising solos. I can't even read notes, only tabs.

And some advice for teaching my squad good techniques so they can really play like amateurs.
In short words, We Suck At Playing Not Because Of Me?

I will really appreciate any words from you
Feel free to criticize or give knowledge  

You write in a cryptic fashion, so it is hard to tell what is going on.

"I can do everything BASIC" suggests unawareness of what "everything" includes.

No arpeggios suggests undeveloped fingering.
No shredding suggests undeveloped picking.
No improvising suggests undeveloped ears.

"...advice for teaching my squad... and "We Suck At Playing Not Because Of Me?" suggests band mates even less developed than you.

"Planning to build a band" means what? The band has not been formed yet? Yet you already plan to win contests?

How about this...

- form the band and learn to play
- stop using tab
- learn "hard stuffs like improvising solos"
- forget winning contests
- give it a few years
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
Quote by Guitar137335
Don't quite understand, you want your band to suck but not you?

I think he means he doesn't want to be the sole reason why his band sucks Not that he wants his band to suck, ideally he'd want neither the band nor him to suck.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
PlusPaul lol. It's his get rich quick scheme.

I think you've got a long way to go to win any battle of the band contests based on your question.. To win you'd really not need to be asking this stuff. That's just the reality.
Making money at a battle of the bands? hah. Also if your band sucks they will make you sound like you suck too, welcome to the world of live music.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V