I have a seagull s6. Its a great acoustic but I'm looking for something smaller. something easier just to play on the couch or whatever. Im more of a electric player so I'm not really into classical music. Im between a martin mini or taylor. any suggestions? budget is under $400
Last edited by brenton393 at Mar 20, 2017,
Some body sizes you can check out are parlor, 000 or OM, and even some folk models. Most manufacturers will make these models.
My God, it's full of stars!
Also look up 0 and 00, which are between parlor and 000/OM.

These are really nice if you can stretch to it:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GSmini

Though I preferred the mahogany-topped version because it was a bit mellower.

Recording King also  have some nice small guitars in your price range
I second the recording King. Also check out Breedlove, my parlor is all solid and I got it on sale for $350 at a local store but musicians friend has them for just over your budget at $459. Mine is super comfortable to play and has a really good mellow sound.
As a general rule O is smaller than OO which is smaller than OOO.  Until recently OOO and OM guitars used the same body size but the OM had a longer scale and wider neck, however nowadays OM and OOO are generally interchangeable terms.  Folk and Parlor are generally generic terms for any small body guitars ranging from O-OM in size.  Mini and baby are not always used to describe the instrument's size and usually mean it's a budget instrument.  If you are after the smallest acoustic you can get then a backpacker model might be worth a look.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Mar 21, 2017,
Quote by Tony Done
Also look up 0 and 00, which are between parlor and 000/OM.

. . . . . Recording King also  have some nice small guitars in your price range

Quote by Silent Crow13
  I second the Recording King.

And I'll third Recording King. Great guitars and very reasonably priced. I own the ROS-16 which is a 000 - the lower bout is quite large but the guitar is smaller than a regular acoustic. 

I would recommend you look at either their RP-06 or RP-!0 which are both single 0 size. Musician's Friend stock both models.

http://www.recordingking.com/guitars/rp06

http://www.recordingking.com/guitars/rp10
Last edited by Garthman at Mar 22, 2017,
I've been using a mini yamaha 3/4 guitar for travel and stuff. It works great, and typically sounds pretty good for a guitar made for beginners. The only drawbacks is that it doesn't stay in tune too well. Another pro is that it can take a pretty hard beating, which I know from many, many experiences (trust me).
#Acoustic Life
brenton393 The Taylor Big Baby is a 15/16 scale dreadnaught. It's quite light, great action, sounds like a Taylor should. Can get them for $250 or less used on Craiglist. New they run about $450 or so. 

Regarding the smaller stuff: The Baby Taylor is a cute little guitar, sounds okay. I don't like the Martin equivalent very much. I've heard the Martin Backpacker is a vile thing!
No offense to the guys recommending Recording King guitars, but I've heard of some QC issues. Stands to reason, for a lower priced instrument. So be careful if you go that route.