I own and ǝuoɥdᴉdǝ les paul 1960 tribute plu

• s, I have read everywhere to file down the bridge a

s that's where they keep breaking. I have filed the bridge down a ridiculous amount and its damn clo

se to the smoothest thing on the fucking planet, but still, I

'll re̋ͥ̎ͯ̓̕p̄͜l͡aͯ̾͊̒͞c̓ͯͭ̚e̡̊ ͪ̀̄͢m̆̅y̅͑͛͜  strings

, and after 3 hours the high E or the B break. I absolutely ca n̪̯͎̰͎̖̬̙͜͡n̵̗o͔̖̯͕̯͍̬͉͝ț̖̺̙̲̻͙ ̶̷̟̞͟ͅa͎͔͕̱f̰̼̻̕͠f̴͏̼̫̟̘͔̫̻̀ọr̷̡̧̼̹̲̜͚̮̙̥ḓ̷̜͙̖̫͎̕ ̖͙͎̤t̮̗̣͉̦̬͜h̼̖̭̜̭͚͟͞i͓̹̟̯͜͠s̸͙̠͔͎̩͙ ̧͚́m̴̳̖̰͔̺͇̤̟͝͞à̧̪̘̻n̢̥̙̦̮͕͍͇̟y̟͓͍̼̱̦̟̠̕ ̝̘̘̀͜s̸̜͓̭͇̦̺͟t̨͘҉̣̼͚̞͕̝̦̹ rings, I can't'

keep going on like this so what the fuck do I do? I'm u s̕ḭ̖n͞ g Ernie Ball power ʎʞuᴉls strings (11-48) , how do I solve thi

s issue?
and yes i have formatted this in the most passive agressive way possible
Burr in the saddle is my guess.

Second, it it possible to not use a ton of different fonts? It'll be much easier to get help if people can easily read what you're saying.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
You'd better buy strings in bulk, because I'm not reading that.
"Well reeeer to you too sir...Its the internet. Do you really expect it to be completely serious?" - mcraddict81592
If you've filed the saddle as much as you say, hopefully lightly with a high grain emory, you might try some Big Bends Nut Sauce or even try some pencil lead.
Might want to revisit your picking technique while you're at it....just....in....case.

Save the font magic for texting the other 12-year-olds.
 Quote dspellman] "Might want to revisit your picking technique while you're at it....just....in....case.Save the font magic for texting the other 12-year-olds."

Could be a tuning issue as well or a combination, dspellman. Maybe using a metal pick with a burr? Can't really tell, because to be honest, I didn't stress trying to read the whole thing. It was worse than those bands that forget people actually have to be able to read their names. :
Last edited by GoldJim at Mar 21, 2017,
Quote by GoldJim
 Quote dspellman] "Might want to revisit your picking technique while you're at it....just....in....case.Save the font magic for texting the other 12-year-olds."

Could be a tuning issue as well or a combination, dspellman. Maybe using a metal pick with a burr? Can't really tell, because to be honest, I didn't stress trying to read the whole thing. It was worse than those bands that forget people actually have to be able to read their names. 

I love those. The font name is "Scritchy Scritchy," I believe. Looks like almost every other band name of its genre. Band likely sounds like every other band of its genre. Nap Time.

Lots of options for breaking strings, but when they break in the same place every time (and regularly), you probably need to look carefully at what's nearby. Unless the string is tuned too high for the gauge, I really don't understand a tuning issue. A metal pick with a burr could do it, but I'd expect it to break away from the bridge, wouldn't you?
Last edited by dspellman at Mar 21, 2017,
I know everyone is complaining about the font, but I have a feeling I'm watching something else.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
dspellman, not necessarily. It's going to break under tension at a weak point, which would be near the ball end (weakest) if tension is causing the problem. Also he said it's the high E and B, not just one or the other. He uses 11 gauge, so is his G is dang thick (0.018p). A burr in the pick would cause the break at that point, but without video or something, we don't know what he's doing when the strings break. Crazy solos? Tight bends? Percussive picking near the bridge to keep the string from being flabby? Who knows. Maybe we'll see some hieroglyphics to give us another clue later. 
I'm going with the guy has an Epiphone he has no clue how to put strings on let alone play the damn thing,   Sure as fuck don't know how to relay a readable question 
I read in one of Dan Erlewine's (I believe it was in the back of "How to make your Electric Guitar Play Great") books that SRV's guitar tech would put the plastic shielding from wire on his strings at the bridge because even though he had filed the burrs, SRV still broke strings like a mofo.  Might be worth checking out, but you'd have to adjust your saddle height and probably intonation to compensate for it.
Be passive aggressive to your guitar, not people you're asking for help. The font thing is stupid and entirely unhelpful to all of us, including you.

With that out of the way, the first step to figuring out what the issue is is figuring out where the strings are breaking. If it's right at the bridge, then probably you haven't done your filing right. If it's somewhere else, you probably want to be looking there for a solution (which may still be a burr).
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one