Page 1 of 2
...my Les Paul was actually still in tune. A Gibson Les Paul even...
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Me too. Ever since I've owned them.

You know, cause I know how to properly set them up and stuff.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't even own any high-end guitars but I never had them detune themselves that badly overnight just sitting on the stand.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

This one does pretty much every night. It doesn't go that much out of tune, but it goes out. This morning it was spot on. This has only happened maybe 3 times in the four years I've owned it. Very strange...
you know i left my strat in its case for idk 2 years and when i took it out it was still in tune :woah:
The weirdest part about this guitar is that when it goes out of tune just sitting, all six strings are sharp. All my other guitars go flat when they go out of tune. None of them go out just sitting on the stand 'cept the two Les Pauls. The Epiphone goes flat, but not as much as the Gibson usually is sharp.

There could be little creatures in my place messin' with me I guess, but they haven't touched the PRS SE or the Yamaha bass.
Quote by dementiacaptain
You need a setup.

I think it just has a funky neck. It seems unusually flexible compared to all other guitars I have owned. I'll probably just build a new neck for it after I get my shop going.
Little detuning elves...teehee...
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Sure, yeah. Potentially ruin a guitar and re-neck it before trying simple adjustments or getting it setup. That's everybody's first course of action when troubleshooting guitars.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Sure, yeah. Potentially ruin a guitar and re-neck it before trying simple adjustments or getting it setup. That's everybody's first course of action when troubleshooting guitars.

But it's a set neck. With a nitro finish. Redoing that's trivial, right? 5 minutes, bish bash bosh.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
But it's a set neck. With a nitro finish. Redoing that's trivial, right? 5 minutes, bish bash bosh.

true, just buy one off alibaba and spray the back black, nobody will notice itll be a sick 5 foot mod.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
personally i'd sell it and get something which isn't a piece of overpriced garbage 
Quote by kalypto
personally i'd sell it and get something which isn't a piece of overpriced garbage 

But its broken d00d.

Maybe he can trade it for an Epiphone.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by kalypto

Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

I already set it up and it's perfect (other than the G sitting very, very, slightly too low at the nut).
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
But its broken d00d.

Maybe he can trade it for an Epiphone.

lol I already have an Epiphone, and I would sell a family member before I would sell this guitar. It's the best sounding electric guitar I have ever heard in person. Plus, somebody at Gibson screwed up and put a one piece body on it, and that's pretty rare these days.

So it's definitely a keeper.

Another odd thing about it is that it stays in tune great when I'm actually playing it. I think she just has a crush on me and is trying to get attention.
Quote by Prime2515102

Another odd thing about it is that it stays in tune great when I'm actually playing it. I think she just has a crush on me and is trying to get attention.

People who talk about their guitars like they're their girlfriends is cringey af.

My LPC only needs retuning whenever the temperature in the room changes. Gotta restring it properly and file the nut slots to a size that fits the string gauge properly. Writing a pencil into the slots helps a bit too.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Get something with a structurally sound neck instead then
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
My Washburn is so good at staying in tune I actually got worried that it had been in tune for so long like dang.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
People who talk about their guitars like they're their girlfriends is cringey af.

And?

My LPC only needs retuning whenever the temperature in the room changes. Gotta restring it properly and file the nut slots to a size that fits the string gauge properly. Writing a pencil into the slots helps a bit too.

Well there you have it. In the winter here the temp fluctuates probably a good 5ºF within any given half-hour, and it's been unusually warm and stable the last few days. I don't remember it staying in tune during the summer though. But then again, over the last four months or so I've been playing 4-5 times as much as I have since I got the guitar.
Last edited by Prime2515102 at Mar 22, 2017,
I dont think I've ever owned a guitar that hasn't gone a little bit flat or a little bit sharp over night. It's never bothered me. I've got a tuner pedal and it takes 10 seconds to correct before I play. 
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
Quote by Prime2515102
And?

And animistic thinking is something children do.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal

It is a proven fact that plants stay healthier when you talk to them. Guitars are made from wood. Wood comes from trees. Trees are plants.

Ok, so sure, they come from a dead tree, but people talk to dead people all the time, why should the poor trees be forgotten?

Also, billions of people talk to an invisible being that apparently lives in the sky (depending on where you live) all the time. At least I can actually see what I talk to.
Quote by rich.bendall
I dont think I've ever owned a guitar that hasn't gone a little bit flat or a little bit sharp over night. It's never bothered me. I've got a tuner pedal and it takes 10 seconds to correct before I play. 

Exactly. It's not a big deal, it just surprised me.
I expected the post to be "When I got up this morning, my baby was gone" or something
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I expected the post to be "When I got up this morning, my baby was gone" or something

That would be devastating. I don't know if I could live without this guitar.
Quote by Prime2515102
That would be devastating. I don't know if I could live without this guitar.

Spoiler alert: yes, you can.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I accidentally stepped on my dog's tail, he always sleeps next to my bed on the floor and usually gets up as soon as he hears me move as he is ready to go out to potty.

I have 15 guitars so I'm sure they were not all perfectly in tune this morning.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Mar 22, 2017,
Quote by Prime2515102
...my Les Paul was actually still in tune. A Gibson Les Paul even...

Cool story, bro. I'm gonna call my buddy who's an expert on Gibson Les Pauls.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I must alert the media.

Why would you put a new neck on such a nice guitar? All that rarity would be worth squat then.
Last edited by Silent_Crow13 at Mar 22, 2017,
Quote by Silent_Crow13
I must alert the media.

Why would you put a new neck on such a nice guitar? All that rarity would be worth squat then.

Well, I don't think a 2012 Classic "Custom" will ever have any "don't change anything" value unless somebody super famous played it. Besides, I get guitars to play, not as an investment. Considering I only play at home, the finish is really beat up for four years-old anyway, 'cause I kinda don't care. Sometimes you just have to manhandle them and rip their parts off to get them to do what they're told. lol
Quote by Banjocal

P.S. To my other reply to this:

Tell that to Jimmy Page.

“It’s my mistress; it’s my wife. And the great thing is it doesn’t beat you up for alimony.” -Jimmy Page on his Les Paul

@ 4:08

Guitars are definitely women you have to spend a ton of time with them to get to know them
Quote by Prime2515102 Also, billions of people talk to an invisible being that apparently lives in the sky (depending on where you live) all the time. At least I can actually see what I talk to.

don't define yourself by other people's impoverishments, friend

Quote by Prime2515102
P.S. To my other reply to this:

Tell that to Jimmy Page.

why should I care what Jimmy Page says?

what he said is adorable but also

dumb
Last edited by Banjocal at Mar 22, 2017,
Banjocal
Because he's a living legend, and plus it's proof right there than naming and talking to your guitar makes it play and sound better.

All those great sounding '59 Les Pauls? They have all been named and talked to extensively. lol
All those great sounding les Paul were used guitars that people bought cause they couldn't afford newer ones and by the time the early 90s came along most of them were modded to piss and broken and then people started asking stupid money for original ones because people assumed it would make them Billy Gibbons and Slash.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
All those great sounding les Paul were used guitars that people bought cause they couldn't afford newer ones and by the time the early 90s came along most of them were modded to piss and broken and then people started asking stupid money for original ones because people assumed it would make them Billy Gibbons and Slash.

True. IIRC Billy's '59(and Bernie Marsden's, and most of the other genuine 59's) were picked up second hand.

Also, having seen Gibbons and Slash live(and Gibbons was using strats, furry Deans and Greatch Bo Diddley sigs as well as an LP), I'm pretty sure his tone comes from his amp and his fingers.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
True. IIRC Billy's '59(and Bernie Marsden's, and most of the other genuine 59's) were picked up second hand.

Also, having seen Gibbons and Slash live(and Gibbons was using strats, furry Deans and Greatch Bo Diddley sigs as well as an LP), I'm pretty sure his tone comes from his amp and his fingers.

Beano? Second hand

pageys? Both second hand and one was Joe Walshs but he hated it and sold it to page

Greeny? Second hand and then sold to Moore. Green hated it.

Kossoff? Second hand

Literally I can't think of a single one of them that were actually purchased new by the owner. Maybe that dude in the Animals or the Hollies or whatever.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 2