In this thread we worship the one and only true god Bob Ross. Share your favorite videos, facts and paintings of his.
For this thread you're gonna need alizarin crimson, van dyke brown, phthalo blue, and yellow ochre.
i have spent many years watching and listening to him but i am never painting. one day 
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
just binge watch this shit, really entertaining

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

How many people do you think he Gomer Pyle'd back in the day?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've tried wet on wet oil painting before, it's fun.

Most people don't follow his instructions, because they can't go out and buy 75 dollars worth of oil paint, liquid white, brushes, paint thinger, and a pack of cheap canvases.

Last edited by stratkat at Mar 21, 2017,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
How many people do you think he Gomer Pyle'd back in the day?

Well, he was Air Force, not Marines. So he probably had at least 20 more IQ points than Pyle.

Also

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Mar 21, 2017,
One of the reasons I got inspired to start painting.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by Rossenrot
For this thread you're gonna need alizarin crimson, van dyke brown, phthalo blue, and yellow ochre.

This comment is your magnum opus. 

I've watched so much Bob it's embarrassing, though. 
I watched ~15 episodes around Christmas.

"... going to paint a warm winter scene today."
"... scene so cold you have to put a coat on to paint it."
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
I have spent many hours watching this man paint happy little trees!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

As lovely a person as he was, the process of watching him paint is far more interesting than the painting itself.

The paintings themselves are pretty boring and uninspired.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
As lovely a person as he was, the process of watching him paint is far more interesting than the painting itself.

Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

YOU'RE PRETTY BORING AND UNINSPIRED

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
No-chill Master Sergeant Robert Ross: "Use this fucking two-inch brush.  I'm sure you know all about two inches."
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
No-chill Master Sergeant Robert Ross: "Use this fucking two-inch brush.  I'm sure you know all about two inches."

"SIR, SO DOES YOUR WIFE, SIR!"
Quote by Diemon Dave
He said the round brush is his fav, he said its where happy little trees come from.
Flying in a blue dream
I envy all of you who watched it as a kid, thanks to the internet I can now and still feel like a kid
This is my favourite:  Joy of Washing the Brush
Music is the way.
Anyone know what healthy alternative there is to thinner? I don't want to breathe tons of toxic fumes all day. Kinda sucks thinking that might have contributed to Ross's illness.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Anyone know what healthy alternative there is to thinner? I don't want to breathe tons of toxic fumes all day. Kinda sucks thinking that might have contributed to Ross's illness.

Nothing is going to do the job quite like thinner, my suggestion is that you do not use it in an enclosed space, barring that a heavily vented space.

Consider the fact that Bob was exposed to thinners and other solvents from a very early age (carpentry), if you're just painting in a ventilated room or out of doors shouldn't be an issue.
Fair enough, thanks. Soon spring will become clement enough for me to be able to open windows.

Quote by Wolfinator-x
Fair enough, thanks. Soon spring will become clement enough for me to be able to open windows.

You could also do water colors, or acrylics, even ink painting and avoid the harsh chemicals.

Water colors are highly underrated form.
True, but I've always preferred oil paintings over other types.