They'd be going into an Ibanez RG4003FM, which has a mahogany body, maple top, and maple bolt on neck with rosewood fretboard. I'm looking for something that has a lot of beef without losing too much clarity and (I know I'm in the minority on this) I generally prefer how ceramics sound. I'd be playing stuff ranging from Seether and Breaking Benjamin to Mastodon and Ghost. Thanks for any input
Look into Railhammers if your budget is under $100/HB. They have humbuckers ranging from vintage voiced to very hot, and HB-sized noiseless P90s that run from traditional to high-output.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm a big fan of Duncan JBs; they're just great all round rock pickups. 

Also have a Duncan invader in an SG at the moment, which is great if you're looking for a lot of output without getting into active pickups.
'66 Fender Bassman, '82 Marshall JCM800 4210, '86 Laney AOR 100, '90 Marshall JCM900 MKIII 2500, '97 Marshall JCM600, Silverface Mesa Dual Rectifier, Peavey 6505, Marshall JCM2000 DSL-100, VOX AC30CCH, Marshall JMP-1 + EL34 50/50
The SD JB & '59 is a classic combo for hard rock axes. Very versatile.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
What's your amp? 

From the bands you listed I'd say Dimarzio Super Distortion. JB not a bad go but it's not as low end focused as a Super D would be. 
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
If you're looking for a hard rock tone with a nice chunk,  I recommend the Dimarzio Super Distortion, or Seymour Duncan Sh-5. They both worth great in mahogany and have a great chunk that isn't muddy. I know some people will recommend a JB, but if you want a tighter tone for chugging a JB wont do it as well because of it's alnico 5 magnet.

I tried a JB in both a Schecter and Epiphone, and it was unbelievably shrill in the high notes, and the low end didn't have enough compression / tightness. So i'm sure that's the opposite of what you are looking for. 

What amp you using?
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The SD JB & '59 is a classic combo for hard rock axes.  Very versatile.

This is true. Also, the JB/Jazz combo, which is also super popular for hard rock (they are sold as a set, too). 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Maidenheadsteve jedigovnaUG 
I'm playing through a Boss Katana 50, but for recording I borrow a Vox combo from my drummer (I don't know the exact model). I've used a Super Distortion in the past and thought it was great, but caused a lot of feedback (might've been caused by the previous owner, he replaced the pickups)
Last edited by samuelgoldber at Mar 22, 2017,
If you're set on ceramic then I'd recommend an SD Distortion since that's what the Mastodon guys played for years, or you could try one of their signature pickups. The BKP C-bomb is is a little more articulate without sounding shrill.
And if you're willing to try something with an A5, I doubt you'd be dissapointed with the Seymour Duncan Custom 5. It's got plenty of gain on tap and a rich high end.
I will recommend Railhammer Hyper Vintage damn good clarity... If you need more gain you can use Railhammer Anvil or Chisel on the bridge, or just simply put boost pedal on it...