I'm still a guitar newbie . I just got my electric yesterday (the 21st)   

I have the Fender Squier Affinity Series HSS Stratocaster Electric Guitar   

Heres a guitar center link so you may see it: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier/Affinity-Series-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-Pack-with-15G-Amplifier-Candy-Apple-Red-1341929052830.gc#productDetail

(Mines in brown sunburst)

Anyways please help :P
um hi
Last edited by freechat900 at Mar 22, 2017,
The tone knobs filter out higher frequencies when they are used so as you roll them back you get a bassier sound as less high end is able to hit the signal.

On strats they usually control your middle and neck pickups but there can be differences. Just play with the knobs on different positions to figure out which one works for what pickup.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Almost all tone knobs are actually treble roll-off pots. 

There are exceptions. On some older Gibsons, a second pot was actually a MIDS rolloff. On some newer reissues of those same guitars, the second pot is actually a BASS rolloff. On a very few Gibsons, one pot is a sweepable mids cut, with a defined *amount* of cut and a variable frequency of cut. On some guitars, the second tone pot is an active sweepable mids *boost*, something like a parked wah. On some active preamps, there's an active treble boost and cut and an active bass boost and cut.