I own a Sammick JTR Marie
Picked it up for 250 at a small local shop.....do t know much about the brand, but someone told me sammick makes most guitars Epi,and gibsons....any truth to this?
????
Last edited by justin_webb94 at Mar 23, 2017,
At one point a couple of years ago, Samick was producing 75% of the world's guitars in plants that they own. They've rarely put "Samick" on their guitars; their inhouse brand is Greg Bennett. The ones that have carried the "Samick" brand range from cheap to pretty darn good. Mostly they're producing for other brands. They've never produced Gibsons, but at one point Gibson tried to buy Samick and was rebuffed (Samick is bigger than Gibson).  

I have just one guitar that actually carries the Samick brand -- it's a neck-through HSS superstrat carved front and back, The neck is three pieces of maple, the body sides are elm. That's right, elm. The Hot Rails can be coil split separately from the bridge humbucker. 

Sexy axe, d, sexy as hell. And I'm not a fan of green, generally speaking. But how do you like it?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Sexy axe, d, sexy as hell.  And I'm not a fan of green, generally speaking.  But how do you like it?

It's one of just two green guitars I own. I pulled the single coil size humbuckers that were in it and subbed in the real hot rails. The bridge pickup was seriously raucous from the start (dunno if it's original). It has a distinctly Ibanez feel to it and the Floyd still flutters (it's a licensed version and I didn't expect much) and stays very much in tune. It's a great guitar, but the Carvins take a lot of its playing time these days. I bought it used, and it took me a while to get the smoke smell out of the case. But it's pretty comfortable, what with the carved back *and* front. 
that guitar reminds me of a water mellon. in that it looks SWEET!

here is mine i call her Marie (model Name) is written on truss rod cover piece, and i just went  with it
????

mine is in butterscotch color ....wont let post picture (wrong format, gotta figure that out)
Last edited by justin_webb94 at Mar 23, 2017,
Quote by justin_webb94

mine is in butterscotch color ....wont let post picture (wrong format, gotta figure that out)

You'll have to post it to Imgur or a similar site and link the BBcode here
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I have an Epiphone Sheraton II from 1998 which was manufactured by Samick, I bought it used about 10 years ago - currently needs a little work due to extensive playing wear from when I was an aggressive 17-18 year old who used to beat the living daylights out of my guitars, but I love it. Great build quality, the hardware and electronics aren't wonderful but they do the job well enough - I don't feel it needs any upgrades.

Never tried any Samick branded guitars, but I do remember Greg Bennetts, lots of kids at my school had them. They were decent entry level instruments if I remember correctly.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.