Last night I discovered my Jetcity JCA50h has the EQ after the effects loop.  For whatever reason I always assumed it was an EQ for the preamp.

Is that common?  I can't seem to find an answer with where the EQ is in the amp to confirm my findings, or if this is a standard.

I was running my Helix into the effects loop return, trying to use the amp models and effects from helix, only using power from the head.  But I ran into issues with having EQ's on both the helix and Amp, made for a lot of tweaking and messing around.  
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
From what I remember yes, the tone stack is set after the loop. What were your settings like before hooking up the pod? It's passive though, so setting the knobs near max is how is designed to work best. Plus, was the cab sim disengaged?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Read up on Soldano SLO FX Loop. Jet City uses the same thing since its the same circuit. And yeah, it creates limitations what effects and pedals you can actually use with it. IMHO its rather moronic place to put FX Loop in and as far as I know only Soldano/Jet City has done this.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
evening_crow Yes the cab sim was disengaged, or simply there wasn't one in the patch.

MaaZeus Thanks for the help!
Quote by MaaZeus
Read up on Soldano SLO FX Loop. Jet City uses the same thing since its the same circuit. And yeah, it creates limitations what effects and pedals you can actually use with it. IMHO its rather moronic place to put FX Loop in and as far as I know only Soldano/Jet City has done this.

yep pretty much.

on the other hand it's a killer amp for not much money, apart from the loop, so for me personally I'm happy enough. Which is not to say I wouldn't be happier with the loop in a more sensible place.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc I completely agree with what you said!  I've been extremely happy with the amp overall.  It was just a little odd to learn about this.

Pretty much all it means is I wont be using it with my Helix, but that's fine.  
Yeah. I mean it's kind of annoying in that I don't think it would cost any more to have the loop in the right place (I think some of the newer jet cities actually have the loop in the right place). But yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?