What time do you go to bed/what time do you wake up? Is your job tiring?

Just asking to find out if I'm such a loser for going to bed at 9:30 every night. Wake up at 5:45. Plumber (construction) so it's pretty physically demanding.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

I usually sleep at 3 or 4 and get up at like 9.  I'm a student and I work part time, so my schedule changes all the time tho.  My job isn't tiring, but the mental workload of doing an engineering degree definitely is.
About 5am-10pm on weekdays and 7 or 8a-midnightish on weekends.  I have to be places at 8am Monday-Friday, and getting up early lets me get a bunch of stuff done before having to interact with other people.
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
Sleep at 10, wake up at 5:30. I'm in grad school with a clinic component and I work part time. Clinic is mentally and physically tiring, work is mentally tiring, school is mentally and emotionally tiring, and sometimes I wonder why my brain hasn't exploded yet.
cat

song unrelated

im a student so i'm pretty much a degenarate. i have no sleep cycle. swag. swag. swag.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by guitarxo
Sleep at 10, wake up at 5:30. I'm in grad school with a clinic component and I work part time. Clinic is mentally and physically tiring, work is mentally tiring, school is mentally and emotionally tiring, and sometimes I wonder why my brain hasn't exploded yet.

Change "clinic" to "research" and this describes me.  Spring break is in 8 days though.
Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Change "clinic" to "research" and this describes me.  Spring break is in 8 days though.

My "work" is research too - I just like to treat it as an office job since it makes me more efficient! And I hope you're doing something fun and/or relaxing? I stayed here to do work every single day and I'm starting to regret it a little
cat
right now my sleep schedule is all over the place because I am a full-time student, & my internship/work schedules are pretty flexible (work = I sub when I can/feel like it).

in the fall when I was student teaching I would get up at 5am, & would go to sleep usually around 11pm, because I am horrible, irresponsible human garbage -- really wish I went to bed at 9:30pm. teaching was tiring, though not physically demanding, although being up & moving around the classroom all day demanded some physical activity I guess.
I get up between 6:30 and 7:15 depending on how little sleep I've had.
I leave the house at 7:40 and can return home anywhere between 3:30 and 8pm, everyday is different and it's a fairly flexible job.
I usually fall asleep somewhere between 11pm and 1am (normally about 15mins before the end of whatever film I'm watching) and then wake up again somewhere between 1am and 4am, finish my drink and then go to bed.

Read: only routine is falling asleep during movies.
yeah it's tiring but worth it, 8-6 every day for now. I run a videogame company. Best part is having no boss to treat me like a piece of garbage. Big shout out to my former employers that nearly killed me, convinced me never to have a boss again.
Quote by guitarxo
My "work" is research too - I just like to treat it as an office job since it makes me more efficient! And I hope you're doing something fun and/or relaxing? I stayed here to do work every single day and I'm starting to regret it a little

Yeah, I had been giving more time to non-work/school/etc things for much of this semester, but this past month and a half or so has been hectic and I've gotten more caught up in it than I'd like.  The department's going through accreditation review and a chair search, I have an annual review this week, been applying/interviewing for a summer internship (was accepted/will get paid, woo), prepared for and attended a couple of conferences, data collection is picking up for one study, about to get started on IRB application materials for another, reviewing abstract submissions for a national award, putting together a thesis proposal, regular classwork... the list goes on.

It'll be slowing down next week and then I'm really going to take off spring break so my brain doesn't explode.  Hopefully I can more or less reset the entire semester.
Quote by JustRooster
Quote by naedauuf
Just asking to find out if I'm such a loser for going to bed at 9:30 every night. Wake up at 5:45. Plumber (construction) so it's pretty physically demanding.

I wake up around 6 am and sleep around 11 pm. I think I'm not getting enough sleep
I sleep around 12am most nights, sometimes but earlier if I hit the gym that day.
If I'm inebriated, occasionally, then like 2 am.

I'm an early riser, always get up around 8 am, even on my off days.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

This week I've been going to bed around 4pm and waking up close to 10pm so I can be in by 11pm. I work on military aircraft btw. This is nothing compared to some of the shifts I've had before. 12hr shifts with no days off for 2 months in freezing weather during a 30ft+ snow winter? Oh, that was fun...

I'm not a morning person so it isn't all that bad. I just feel like I have no time off. I'm constantly thinking, "if I go to bed at x time then I can get x amount of sleep."
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Mar 24, 2017,
I only work when someone calls me to do my job

It's amazing

But it allows my sleep pattern to get it all levels of fucked
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Bed between 9-10am.

Wake up between 5-8pm (I don't sleep well).

I'm a janitor and walk around all night taking out trash (also mop floors about one dedicated week every 6 months). 90% of the time my job is easy but it has some pretty hectic days that can be exhausting. Just depends on how many lines are running.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 24, 2017,
I go to bed later on weekdays than weekends because I feel like I haven't met some kind of free time quota. The sooner I go to bed, the sooner I'll have to get up for work, and the day is wasted. My job isn't tiring but I am constantly sleep deprived as a result of making bad decisions.
I wake up at 7am and go to bed between 11pm and 12pm usually.

Work is tiring really, it's just fitting all my other jobs eg. cooking, laundry, life admin etc. in after work which is the pain

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by sashki
I go to bed later on weekdays than weekends because I feel like I haven't met some kind of free time quota. The sooner I go to bed, the sooner I'll have to get up for work, and the day is wasted. My job isn't tiring but I am constantly sleep deprived as a result of making bad decisions.

YES! I know exactly what you mean about this.
I'm quite lucky in that I live a 20 minute walk away from work, so I don't usually set my alarm until 8:15am. I still try and be in bed by about 10:45pm though as I like to try and get as close to 9 hours sleep as possible. 

My job isn't particularly physically demanding, but I work out a lot so I think I need it. 
I'm older now, so sleep is more important to me than when I was much younger. I try to get to bed around 10pm to get a good night sleep. Any later than midnight and I'm asking for a bad day. My commute to work is about an hour and a half on the subway. I cant really sleep on the train. I get up at 5am to be at work by 8am.
On an average night maybe go to sleep at 8:30pm; wake up at 10:15pm, 11:40pm, 12:20am, 1:30am, 3:15am, 4:00am, 5:15am, and 6:15am; my job is hit or miss; I don't really sleep.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I get up at like 3PM on Sunday.
Clock in at work at around at 6PM
Work till 6AM.
On my feet about 90% of the time.
Repeat for 3 or 4 days.
Sleep maybe 3 - 4  hours between shifts (Which is pretty normal where I work).
On MY Friday, I sleep like 20 hours but with a brief awake time for about 2 hours in there somewhere.
I'm going back to bed.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Mar 24, 2017,
Quote by smb
glad you clarified

in case anyone thought I was getting younger 
10:30 -11:00 pm on worknights waking at 5am, I stay up later on non working nights and depending on how late I will wake anywhere from 10:00am - noonish
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I can start work anywhere between 8am-9am so I go to bed anywhere between 11pm-1am depending on when I wanna finish the next day. Pretty cushy set up tbh.
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
naedauuf
I go to bed around 8 PM, watch something on TV to decompress, and I'm asleep by 8:30 or 9 and I often have to get up between 12am to 2am.
I wake up at 4:30 or 5:00 am everyday, I have more than one job, both are exhausting but not in the physical sense, rather the mental/emotional sense.
I spend most of my day in front of 3 computer screens working when I'm not caring for my folks.

I live in a fatigue induced hallucinatory nightmare.

CHEERS!!!
I go to bed at around 9 or 10 and listen to a podcast or something until I doze off. But as a mild insomniac, that usually takes me a while. I'd guess I fall asleep at around midnight. Then I wake up at around 5:30 or so even though my alarm is set for 6:30. Idk why I wake up so early, but I just do. Sometimes I fall back asleep, sometimes I don't. Still, I operate very well with minimal sleep. Probably because I've been doing it all my life, lol.
"I feel like a one legged cat trying to bury a turd in a frozen pond."

DANMARK ØDELÆGGER ALLE
Shift worker so it all depends for me.
On my days off I usually stay up until 1-2 and wake up around 10-11.

When I work days I wake up at 5, try to go be in bed at 10.
On my 24 hour turnaround I try to stay up until 2ish and sleep as late as I can the next day.
When I'm working my night shifts I go to bed around 7:30 am and sleep until about 3.
On my first day off I try to wake up at noon or 1.
I go to bed between 10-10:30pm, and I wake up around 7am. I'm trying to get to bed a bit earlier since I'm still all screwed up from Daylight Savings Time, so I've been staying up a bit later than usual.

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Bed between 9-10am.

Wake up between 5-8pm (I don't sleep well).

I'm a janitor and walk around all night taking out trash (also mop floors about one dedicated week every 6 months). 90% of the time my job is easy but it has some pretty hectic days that can be exhausting. Just depends on how many lines are running.

Bless your heart. I hated working overnight shifts when I used to do them.
Skip the username, call me Billy
I don't sleep. I only take naps. I have serous fucking insomnia  and I kinda just sleep when I can. I do a lot of wood working and contractor work and I pretty much just it when I feel like it I fallow no set scheduled for anything. My sleeping issues make it to much of a hassle to work a "real" job so I work for myself. 
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!