Hi, guys! I wanted to buy Ac power supply for Zoom G1on, but can't find one in my town. Can I use another power supply (9v, 400mA) instead of Zoom AD-16 (9v, 500mA). Zoom works 4x AA batteries to, so what's maximum power consumption in mA can be? Thanks!
Yeah, just make sure it's center negative.  If you are afraid the supply is too small, just check it occasionally to see if it gets hot.  I think it will be fine.
I would not under-supply any pedal to be safe. You need a 9VDC, Center Negative, 500mA+ adapter according to Zoom, but they do not specify what the pedal actually requires but rather what power supply comes with the pedal. If you wanted to open up the pedal yourself, poke it with a multimeter and see what it actually requires, go for it. Or just be safe and supply it with what Zoom says it needs.

If you use any random adapter with those specifications, you could still end up with noisy power as audio equipment power filtering is often not the same as power filtering for non-audio appliances. I would just get a TrueTone 1-Spot and be done with it. It has 1700mA on tap which leaves you room for some expansion pedals later on.
Quote by Will Lane
I would just get a TrueTone 1-Spot and be done with it. It has 1700mA on tap which leaves you room for some expansion pedals later on.

Personally I'd never recommend using shared power for a multi effects unit.  This is based on my G3, but I've found that anything other than a dedicated power supply causes it issues, and I've had similar experiences with other multi effect units in the past.

That said, if you can't find a power supply with the correct spec in your town, try the internet.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Personally I'd never recommend using shared power for a multi effects unit.  This is based on my G3, but I've found that anything other than a dedicated power supply causes it issues, and I've had similar experiences with other multi effect units in the past.

That said, if you can't find a power supply with the correct spec in your town, try the internet.
Funnily enough, I ran my G3 with a 1-Spot with all my other pedals attached as well to see how it would react, and it worked fine. Performing, though, I use the dedicated adapter for the G3 as it is no trouble.