3 17%
TS is a babe
2 11%
Voters: 18.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
I've taken 'humble' to a new level of 'unnecessarily crippling self-criticism'.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself. ~ Abraham Lincoln

A modest man is usually admired, if people ever hear of him. ~ Edgar Watson Howe

Too much humility is pride. ~ German Proverb

Don't be humble, you're not that great. ~ Golda Meir

Humility is like underwear; essential, but indecent if it shows. ~ Helen Nielsen
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Humility is a tricky thing to both define and desire.

In general, yes, being humble is a great quality to have, both for your own benefit and for others, and to allow you to have certain mindsets that can help you and help others in many ways. In some cases though, humility for the sake of it can be a hindrance and not actually achieve those objectives humility is supposed to achieve.

Self-criticism for the sake of appearing humble is not honest. Downplaying one's strengths, or avoiding taking certain actions in the name of humility is wrong when the situation needs you to do so. At other times, being humble in certain aspects can have a lesser positive impact in your life and the life of others, had you not try to be as humble instead (e.g social life, leadership, etc).

I think the importance of humility is not in how others judge you in this characteristic (whether you appear humble or arrogant), nor in the actions you take. It's importance is in the mentality you have towards your own power and actions. If you have a mentality where you can objectively assess your power and abilities (in a certain frame, paradigm or context), and one where you recognize how said assessment works (e.g you recognize in what context you have those abilities and knowledge, how you can apply it, recognize in which contexts it doesn't apply, etc), then you are humble in a meaningful way.

Question: If someone has absolute knowledge of everything (i.e omniscience), absolute power (i.e omnipotency) or is as close to them as one can imagine, and he also has certain desires that operate under those parameters, can he be humble?
I'm not so much humble as I just think I'm shit at everything
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Humble probably. Have low self esteem that I downplay any compliment or praise I get? Definitely. It's something that I have yet to figure out how to work on.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I'm the best at being humble, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
ITT people confuse humbleness (not feeling superior) with modesty (not bragging).
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I humbly rate myself as too superior to bother being humble
I have nothing important to say
I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by gonzaw

Question: If someone has absolute knowledge of everything (i.e omniscience), absolute power (i.e omnipotency) or is as close to them as one can imagine, and he also has certain desires that operate under those parameters, can he be humble?
Well if someone is really good at serial killing, I bet they would almost never brag about that!

Sorry couldn't think of any other examples
Nah, being humble doesn't accomplish anything unless your end goal is trying to act morally superior.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by 33db
Wolfinator-x
Wouldn't saying I am humble defeat being humble?

Not really. If it's an objective truth, then you can take your ego out of the action of making such statement and say it while still being humble. If first has to be true that is, and you have to recognize it, which is hard
Not really. I'm more prone to self-disparaging/ unusually modest states than humility, which seems like a very rare virtue.
I'm humbly condescending, although this universe sure has humbled me over and over. It humbled me up the ass reaaaal goooood.