I prefer using a pick when playing a bass as I'm primarily a guitarist however is there a like a soft rubbery pick that replicates the non attacky sound of finger playing. Or do I just turn the treble way down ! 

thanks! 
I think it was here someone posted some felt-coated rubber picks the other day that apparently get closest to the tone of your fingers
Or you know, just use your fingers....
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Yes,  a felt pick will be less aggressive sounding per se, but  I have to agree with CNC-Digity, if you want a finger tone, use your fingers.  You can cut food with a fork, but the right tool is a knife, if you need an analogy.
You can use a pliers to smack in a nail, but a hammer is the right thing to use.  There!
as a tradesman I have used many tools to drive nails, including pipe wrenches, water pump pliers (Chanellocks), combo wrenches, screw drivers, nail pullers, hack saws, my drill's battery, steel toe caps, tape measures and levels.

I own 5 hammers, but some times they just aren't in my hands.
Quote by SovietStar

I own 5 hammers, but some times they just aren't in my hands.

Doesn't that make smacking nails painful?
Quote by dspellman
Doesn't that make smacking nails painful?

one tries to never hit ones own hands with tools, as yes, it does hurt. <_< 
I've used Wedgie 3.1 mm medium rubber picks before. not bad and fairly cheap.
give yourself over to absolute pleasure
You can't get finger tone with a pick - it's not just the texture of skin, which is a huge factor, it's also the way the string is hit ( the angle etc.), which you can't recreate with a pick.
Cheers all practising with fingers now, I was looking at those rubber picks but I'll be damned if I have that s**t disintegrate over the guitar
Quote by Chargrill3d
Cheers all practising with fingers now, I was looking at those rubber picks but I'll be damned if I have that s**t disintegrate over the guitar

So I take it you don't care for Elixir strings, either?

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Yeah it's just another skill to have when it comes to playing bass. Nothing wrong with playing with a pick but being good with both will make you a more versatile player. Having said that, if you do want to get a warmer tone while playing with a pick, I find that the further you play from the bridge pickup, the warmer your tone becomes. As others have said, it's not gonna be a substitute for fingers, but it's a good way of adding different dynamics to your playing.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.