I've been looking at this guitar for a long time and love the looks of it.  I finally have the cash but am hesitant to pull the trigger not being able to touch it and having never played a Carvin or Kiesel.  Any thoughts on this model from anyone that either owns or has played one?
You have 10 days no questions asked for return and money back ..... Go for it !!
If you're a big fan of Neil, or if you really REALLY only ever want a single volume control, then go for it. 
But be aware that it's a harder sell down the road than a 1V 1T guitar. If you discover a couple of weeks into this that you really wish you'd had them put on the tone control, you're probably sucking wind. The issue with ANY semi-custom guitar is that upon selling it on, you need to find an audience that really appreciates whatever semi-custom features you've added. In this case, however, it's going to be even tougher to find an audience that appreciates what you've left out. 
I would try it and see what aspects you like about it. Kiesel have an amazing return policy. If you like the neck shape and otherwise the feel, just change some specs to what you would like. I will do this on a CS6 or CS3 once I have the cash to pull the trigger. 
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
I would try it and see what aspects you like about it. Kiesel have an amazing return policy. If you like the neck shape and otherwise the feel, just change some specs to what you would like. I will do this on a CS6 or CS3 once I have the cash to pull the trigger. 

They do. but bear in mind that these guitars are built specifically for you in a semi-custom manner. I don't want to hear any whining when they cut you off from ever buying another Kiesel. The return policies aren't there for you to try this and try that until you finally get a guitar you like. If you're going to "try it" head for the factory and "try them" at the factory store. You're well advised to NOT attack this as some GC customer playing eruption on every guitar in the place until you find one you like. 
Quote by dspellman
They do. but bear in mind that these guitars are built specifically for you in a semi-custom manner. I don't want to hear any whining when they cut you off from ever buying another Kiesel. The return policies aren't there for you to try this and try that until you finally get a guitar you like. If you're going to "try it" head for the factory and "try them" at the factory store. You're well advised to NOT attack this as some GC customer playing eruption on every guitar in the place until you find one you like. 

That's not what Kiesel's says on live feed , maybe that how they used to do it but not now , Jeff Kiesel is live on FB several times a week , you still have to pay up front and not damage the guitar while in your possession , try as many as you want to find the right guitar , now option 50 is no return
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Mar 26, 2017,
Quote by Fumble fingers
That's not what Kiesel's says on live feed , maybe that how they used to do it but not now , Jeff Kiesel is live on FB several times a week , you still have to pay up front and not damage the guitar while in your possession , try as many as you want to find the right guitar , now option 50 is no return

Give it a shot and see what actually happens. 
Quote by dspellman
Give it a shot and see what actually happens. 

I sure know what a Jeff says on his live feed and it's not what you described beside not many or any options on a signature guitar anyway , non returnable are marked as "option 50" you order it you bought it ..... if you tell the sales person at the beginning you want try out to decide what you like they will be no problem, people ask this question every live Facebook session he has
Quote by Fumble fingers
I sure know what a Jeff says on his live feed and it's not what you described beside not many or any options on a signature guitar anyway , non returnable are marked as "option 50" you order it you bought it ..... if you tell the sales person at the beginning you want try out to decide what you like they will be no problem, people ask this question every live Facebook session he has

I have seven Carvins. I'm getting ready to order an eighth. I'm going to drive down to the factory (it's not all that far from me and I'm heading for San Diego anyway) and order it there. I'll let you know what I find out, one way or the other. 
Last edited by dspellman at Mar 27, 2017,
Quote by dspellman
I have seven Carvins. I'm getting ready to order an eighth. I'm going to drive down to the factory (it's not all that far from me and I'm heading for San Diego anyway) and order it there. I'll let you know what I find out, one way or the other. 

I would be broke if I lived that close to Kiesel ..lol