I'm looking for a good 2 x 12 cabinet that isn't directional.  
I don't want to have to sit in front of it to hear it clearly.  
I know this may sound weird but with some cabs I've tried out at Guitar Center I noticed that the sound drops off a lot as soon as you step to the side of the cab.  
I was considering the EVH 5150 2 x12 cabinet which comes with Celestion speakers and because it'll match my 5150 III LBXII 15 watt head but I haven't tried it out yet.  
I don't want to spend anymore than $600 either.  
I will want to switch amp heads in the future as well so this will probably be the last cabinet I get for a while 
Guitar cabinets are, by nature, pretty directional. There are some more eccentric options available, but I difer to Dspellman to list the.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
The few "nondirectional" systems I can think of are rare & pricey.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Open back cabs are less directional, but this is a bit of a tough sell since guitar cabs are somewhat intentionally designed to be directional, and to some extent this issue is shared by all mono audio systems. The best solution to this problem is the same solution devised by every audio system out there, stereo/surround sound, or at least running the mono signal into speakers placed in different places.

So maybe you should look at getting 2 1x12 cabs, or 2 2x12 cabs.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 is affordable usually around $350 used and a very good cab , the drivers are positioned at a slight outward angle to spread the sweet spot. I used to own one and would get another if the need arose.
Last edited by 6BQ5 at Mar 24, 2017,
Vertical cabinets are less directional side to side. Conversely, horizontal cabinets are more directional side to side. 
A single 12" speaker begins to be noticeably directional at frequencies above about 1300Hz. Cabinets that include (for example) a 6.5" speaker for mids and a 1" tweeter for highs will generally be far less directional. 

There are some cabinets that have the speakers facing IN, toward each other at about a 30 degree angle. Those are actually far less directional than a standard side-by-side 2x12 with both speakers facing forward. There are also some cabinets that have have one speaker facing forward, the other back, and that's an interesting configuration for a number of reasons. 

And finally, there are the Forte 3D cabinets. These have a "vent" on each side (not tuned, like a port) that gives you part of what an open back cabinet offers:

There's also this:

And since it's mostly the HIGHS that are directional, there's this:

Last edited by dspellman at Mar 25, 2017,
Angled vertical 2x12 cab... lay it on its side.  Or if you have balls of iron, do the same with a 4x12 - you'll hear things plenty well, then.  
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
... Or since the nature of guitar music is directional, maybe just put a mic in front and run it through the sound system. 

On rare occasions I have placed a second cab on the other side of the stage and this improves the "room filling" effect.  I sorta prefer to have the speaker facing my guitar directly due to the positive effect of speakers > strings > tonewood.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
The Marshall ones are a pretty standard design, they're not too avant-garde in that respect.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cajundaddy
I sorta prefer to have the speaker facing my guitar directly due to the positive effect of speakers > strings > tonewood.

Or in my case, speakers > strings > bonehead. 
Quote by ThunderPunk
Angled vertical 2x12 cab... lay it on its side.  Or if you have balls of iron, do the same with a 4x12 - you'll hear things plenty well, then.  

What, lay it on its side? 
Yeah, lay it on its side.  It basically does the same exact thing as the third image down on post #7.  
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
I remember a guy who made his own sub-40w amp/side table for home practice.

As I recall, it was @2'-2.5' tall and round. Kind of retro 60's styling with wooden sides and a glass top supported by dowel-sized metal cylinders. The speaker was directed straight up at the underside of the glass tabletop which had a conical deflector, so its output went in all directions.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!