I play mainly jazz blues and rock and for my OD sound i like to build up a sound by stacking my pedals set with a lower drive rather than just using one pedal and cranking the OD.
Currently my fav sound is my Tubescreamer into my Tumnus.Usually leave the Tumnus on for a nice slightly pushed clean sound and just kick in the TS to get an OD.I have a '78 Custom Badass Distortion too which i don't like.However it sounds nice with the TS and Tumnus going into it.
List some pedal combos that sound great together.
Always good to get new ideas for a sound.You might have suggestions that people haven't tried yet.It can be hard to know how a pedal is going to fit into your board and react to your current pedals.
I can do a variety of different things with a tube screamer into my muff variants. Drive for more gain with TS level up/gain 0 and muff stuff at noon; in the clean boost sense like jack white does on riffs (Dead leaves on dirty ground), add some mids for solo tones on say a Sabbath setting on the muff. Honestly, screamers work with most fuzzes (rat, fuzz face). And into other tube screamers. I like tube screamers XD  

Uni-vibes and phasers are fun with fuzzs (muffs for me personally).     
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Mar 25, 2017,
zendrives are the secks, plays nicely with just about everything. Timmys can stack nicely too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i think what you have is pretty decent. i like a tonally flat OD with a more middy one, and you have that. a mid gain distortion is handy too if your amp isn't too high gain, and you have that too (i haven't tried the badass but isn't it a glorified ds1? that explains why it works with the tubescreamer, because a ds1 is scooped.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
6 array of Boss MT-2 will create cool heavy rain sound effect... You must try that on your jazzy song... you may add Boss DD-3 for more posibility...loool
Here's a slightly extreme "proof of concept" of combining pedals...

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Wah pedal > Korg Miku > POG2.  You can get some creepy voices using the POG to lower the Miku an octave or two down.  
Gosss

Add some distortion and/or fuzz to get into Cthulhu territory...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Gosss

Add some distortion and/or fuzz to get into Cthulhu territory...

lol, I'm going to have to try that out.  
See also these:

I like running my Soul Food for a pushed clean to add a bit of dirt and sparkle, I run that into my Caline Pure Sky and stack them when I want to get a nice drive sound. I like the mid/high end sound and clarity of the SF but find it a little harsh on its own if you turn the gain up, but the PS has a flatter eq and a bass control so I use it to not only add gain but to eq it to get a nice smooth punchy overdrive without any harshness and also not muddy.
Quote by datresults
6 array of Boss MT-2 will create cool heavy rain sound effect... You must try that on your jazzy song... you may add Boss DD-3 for more posibility...loool

My over the top suggestion wasn't a joke though it sounds amazing.
Not quite what you were asking, but I've found that an OD pedal (Sansamp British) into the gain channel (H&K St Dual El84) set for a slightly gritty sound gives a tone which is qualitatively different from either on its own. I guess that two OP pedals into a clean channel would do pretty much the same thing, as you have found, since the H&K preamp amp is pretty much SS.
For many years I used two Ibanez TS pedals, a TS9 and a TS10. I run the TS9 into the TS10. The TS9 is set for a lower rhythm distortion sound and the TS 10 for a higher level lead tone. If I want nice sustain and extra crunch I turn on both simultaneously. The TS9 really drives the TS10 and creates a big sound with sustain.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
JHS Morning Glory into my Rockbox Boiling Point. Magic for any amp I own.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by datresults

Wow 6!
That's a lot of MT-2s.  
Quote by JustRooster
JHS Morning Glory into my Rockbox Boiling Point. Magic for any amp I own.

bluesbreaker into a tubescreamer?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by datresults
Actually an SD-1 into a modified MT-2 is pretty good. I had an almost multi tracked 5150 sound going on. Which is the only way I like those amps. Keep the knobs between 10 and 2 o'clock.
Quote by Liaztraht
Actually an SD-1 into a modified MT-2 is pretty good. I had an almost multi tracked 5150 sound going on. Which is the only way I like those amps. Keep the knobs between 10 and 2 o'clock.

damn man.... are you human...?? did you think am serious write that? 
if you think there is someone will buy 6 MT-2 pedals and will put it together in one array in real life... you should visit your psychiatrist very soon...
Quote by datresults
damn man.... are you human...?? did you think am serious write that? 
if you think there is someone will buy 6 MT-2 pedals and will put it together in one array in real life... you should visit your psychiatrist very soon...
No I do not think you are serious. Someone would be pretty stupid to enjoy 6 of those

As for my combo, it works best as a preamp into a power amp, or DI with a good cab sim.
Last edited by Liaztraht at Mar 31, 2017,
The EHX 9 series of keyboard emulators are all pretty cool. I've got the B9 and C9, with the Key9 and Mel 9 high on my list. I bought them specifically to do some things you don't hear those instruments do very often.

I plan on pairing them with a polyoctave generator to get an octave up & octave down st the same time. On the "pipe organ" setting with a cathedral style reverb, it will sound like I'm at church. But if I go from there and use...

1) my Morpheus Dive Bomber, it will sound like angels falling from grace, en mass.
2) a fuzz, the chime will become a monstrous roar
3) any combination of my Arpanoid, Rainbow Machine and Downward Spiral, the resulting hallucination engine may be too much for weak minds to handle

...or I could just play "Green Onion"