Just got an Agile Interceptor pro 728 EB for Christmas.  Looking to play some periphery and occasionally downtune for whitechapel.  Right now im using d'addorio  XLs 10-56 with an added 70 for the low G#.  Not crazy about the low G# still.  went up a gauge or so from the factory.

For those of you with guitars of similar neck length and music style,  what do you use?  Any help is appreciated.   Im trying to not go through multiple string packs to find the right one. 
looking a litlle heavy on the low string, if I'm reading the list right. but you may be right.  Thanks for helping a brother out.
Love the guitar BTW.  Second Agile guitar for me.  Convinced they cannot be beat for the price.  You can get a custom guitar (fanned frets, scale length whatever) for a $1000 bucks or a little more.  I looked into it and was impressed.  Both guitars are excellent.  Playing my baritone in a project now.  On the list for openiong bands for Life Of Agony show in NY and it fits right in with the other guitarists les paul sound.  My baritone was cheap, around $300, so it made it worth it to me to put in a set of zakk wylde EMGs.  I Seriously dig Agile guitars.  
Quote by pushingthrough
Love the guitar BTW.  Second Agile guitar for me.  Convinced they cannot be beat for the price.  You can get a custom guitar (fanned frets, scale length whatever) for a $1000 bucks or a little more.  I looked into it and was impressed.  Both guitars are excellent.  Playing my baritone in a project now.  On the list for openiong bands for Life Of Agony show in NY and it fits right in with the other guitarists les paul sound.  My baritone was cheap, around $300, so it made it worth it to me to put in a set of zakk wylde EMGs.  I Seriously dig Agile guitars.  

I'm waiting on a Septor in July. I've never had an Agile alone, but for the price and raves, I had to give 'em a shot. $325 for a semi-custom Septor. That's a hard deal to beat when it's MIK. 
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
  Nice!  Congrats!  Let me know what you think.  sure you'll want to tweak the setup, what factory guitar doesnt need it, but i think you'll love it,  Also read some posts elsewhere, if something isnt right, send it back they're a reasonable company.
Kurt's done a pretty remarkable job with extended range guitars. He's spent a lot of time at sevenstring.org and his first was, I believe, the 7-string Texan, a tele!  I think he's probably done more with ERGs and sooner, than most other companies. He's got 7, 8, 9, 10-string guitars in 27, 28. 65, 30" scales, plus multiscale (fan frets) across the board plus trems (both Floyds, as high a string count as they go, and Kahlers, which seem to accommodate everything), and at some amazing prices and really decent quality. 

I think other manufacturers should probably erect a statue to him -- where before ERGs were largely custom guitars and/or expensive, Kurt has made these guitars so inexpensive that folks who wouldn't have been interested before are trying them out because they can afford to. It's a relatively small-money layout. Little by little, other manufacturers/importers have crawled ontoard to find there are actually customers out there. The smaller companies are doing it first, with the larger companies far slower to dip their toes in the water, and Gibson and Fender remain clueless. 
Gibsonand fender has done sevens and baritones before. Maybe pigs will fly one day.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
Gibsonand fender has done sevens and baritones before. Maybe pigs will fly one day.

Right? But they've done 24.75" scale sevens and a very few 27-28" scale guitars (sixes only?), apparently under duress. 

It's almost as if they have "not invented here" fever.  I can imagine the board meetings. "That's not really our customer." 
And yet Henry bemoans the fact that every time they "innovate," the products bomb. 
Last edited by dspellman at Mar 28, 2017,
Quote by pushingthrough
looking a litlle heavy on the low string, if I'm reading the list right. but you may be right.  Thanks for helping a brother out.

You're gonna want something heavy if you intend to tune to a low G#. Keep in mind that's just one measly whole step above what a low 8th string would be tuned to.
Quote by bjgrifter
I'm waiting on a Septor in July. I've never had an Agile alone, but for the price and raves, I had to give 'em a shot. $325 for a semi-custom Septor. That's a hard deal to beat when it's MIK. 

Make sure you've read the information on the sem-custom costs. There are two parts: One is the amount you owe *after* the semi-custom arrives (it's one basic amount) and the second is the amount you owe for the customizations you ordered, and you pay that up front. 
dspellman
Yeah, they have two custom options. One has the cost split where you owe $450 at the end that has full customization and another that you pay the whole cost up front but with more limited options, and that's the option I took. I looks like a new program they're doing. $325 for a semi custom vs $450+ for a full custom.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Also, they only are offering the semi custom for AL, Septor, and Interceptor ($359) with a S2000 Floyd. Wait is still gonna be around 6 months either way.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Quote by bjgrifter
dspellman
Yeah, they have two custom options. One has the cost split where you owe $450 at the end that has full customization and another that you pay the whole cost up front but with more limited options, and that's the option I took. I looks like a new program they're doing. $325 for a semi custom vs $450+ for a full custom.

Oh, right, I forgot about that. This is for a very limited number of models -- the AL 3010SE, for example, is the only AL in the program, but at least you get to choose the color. They'd called the other program (the one you're calling "custom") a semi-custom for so long (that's actually what it is) that the new one hasn't sunk in yet. 
Quote by dspellman
Oh, right, I forgot about that. This is for a very limited number of models -- the AL 3010SE, for example, is the only AL in the program, but at least you get to choose the color. They'd called the other program (the one you're calling "custom") a semi-custom for so long (that's actually what it is) that the new one hasn't sunk in yet. 

Yeah, I was lurking over at Rondo one day, and saw that option pop up. First with the Septor, and then the other two. I don't know if they've done it before, but from word of mouth here, Kurt seems to listen. I'm sure with a smaller operation compared to Gibson and Fender, he can adjust to demands. The only orangey axes on the cheap side are a Squier Strat I saw at Sweetwater in the showroom or the Jackson JS32. I almost got the JS32 (wife okay'd) until I saw the Septor come up, and thought why not get that instead: orange 7-string. 
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

I use 11-52's with a 70 on the 7th
I play in drop A on a 25.5 inch scale length and I find that it rips heaps. But maybe the scale length is why I dont need to go heavier