Need to get a replacement for a trashed cab.
I play through a jcm900 100w dual reverb and play thrash/death metal type songs. Trying to sound similar to slayer, testament, trivium, anthrax kind of thing.

Got a few cabs in mind, wondering if they would work with my head and if anyone has other suggestions
-Marshall mg412
-Blackstar ht metal 412
-Orange PPC

Dont really want to spend much over £400 if possible, any advice would be great
Could you find a used Marshall 1960 cab for that price?
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Pick anything with Celestion V30 you will not regret... Easy to tame, easy to match with all kind of heads... Forget the brand forget the accesories.. Its not Line Array PA enclosure... So it would not has big differences....
if you are in Europe look at the HB stuff from thomann
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I might be able to pick up a 1960 cab, but it could be difficult. I heard the vintage 30s were the best speakers to get in a cab, and to stay far away from gt75s

Just had a look on thomann, the harley benton cabs seem to be getting amazing reviews

Anyone have experience with blackstar cabs? Iv been told they are the best for metal
Nothing wrong with the 75's  its just that they tend to break up a bit later than the V30.  Which for metal may not be what your looking for,  In any case the HB stuff is OK, Wont look as cool as your Marshall head sitting on a Marshall cab,  But what's a poor boy to do? 
Quote by NeroGlasgow

Anyone have experience with blackstar cabs? Iv been told they are the best for metal

No, but while they don't specify speakers for the HT Metal 4x12, the wattage looks like 80W per speaker. Which is suspiciously the same wattage as the Celestion 70/80 (a mediocre, at best, speaker) which they're known to fit to their other cheaper cabs and amps.

So basically I'd be very, very sceptical about that claim that they're the best for metal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by nastytroll
Nothing wrong with the 75's  its just that they tend to break up a bit later than the V30.  Which for metal may not be what your looking for,  In any case the HB stuff is OK, Wont look as cool as your Marshall head sitting on a Marshall cab,  But what's a poor boy to do? 

huge +1

go HB. Last time I checked, the cab was cheaper than the price of just the speaker{s}.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
As you're in the UK you can get a Zilla cab for around £400 they are really good!

I gave the owner a call a few years ago and we chatted through what I needed etc, and was very helpful and detailed. Couldn't recommend them higher tbf
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special