So I have a question about using a DI box. The problem is that the amp I use (Hartke 2500) does not have a direct out on the amp itself. So I've been thinking about getting a DI box for gigs where I need to send a signal to the PA. The problem is I want the eq on the amp the reach the box, and therefore go to the PA. So if I run the chain like this:

bass -> DI box -> amp

Then I lose the eq and tone from the amp. Now that all of that is out of the way, here is my idea. If I run the DI box through my effects loop, then that should solve the whole skipping the EQ issue right? So the chain would go

bass -> amp -> DI box (on the effects loop)

Does this make sense and should this work? Sorry if this is a little confusing, happy to clear things up if it's unclear. Thanks!
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
For Bass DI i own a Joyo Dr. J Sparrow Driver and DI, it is excellent for the value..  better if you run it with a 9-volt pedal adapter (not supplied)

Sample/demo:
Joyo Dr. J Sparrow Driver and DI 

Dr. J Sparrow vs. MXR m80

Tech21 SansAMP Bass Driver DI
;
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
If you do it the second way, all you need is a passive DI box. The effects send on the Hartke outputs at +4dB, so the passive DI won't drop the signal massively. Plus it makes things simple for you, you don't need to worry about buying DI boxes with EQ or effects etc. Just don't put a DI on top of the amp.
The whole idea of the bass D.I. box is that it shapes your tone for you, and a lot of them do a great job of it.  If you like your Hartke amplifier, take a look at Hartke's Bass Attack D.I. box.  Great piece of gear, easy on the wallet.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I second the Dr J Sparrow. Great pedal for a fraction of the cost of the big name brands.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
The TS has had almost six months to sort it out, so I must assume that the thread is no longer a priority for him.  Closing thread.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley