Yello
So im on the market for a new amp
I was thinking a head+2x12 or a 1x12 combo ofc. tube
I play mainly metal and rock but sometimes i fancy blues
So I was looking at some vox amps and/or the mark V quick question-how good are the valvetronix series(there is a valvetronix vt30 selling)so I just wanted to get some info
A budget of max a 1000 and im buying used

all help is appriciated
''Steve vai plays a million notes per second
He has no feel''
VT30 is decent for beginner amp, at $1k budget I'd go probably Mesa, Laney, Orange, Marshall.

The Mesa Express 5:25 should land at about $1000 used, Orange Tiny Terror, Dark Terror, Marshall DSL series, Laney IRT series, maybe some Peavey amps as well, like the JSX.
When I think metal I don't think Vox...
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
I have a mark iv. The amp is pure magic but i dunno if you'll find one for 1k. Maybe look into a used 5150/6505?
Mesa, Orange and Laney are solid options. I'd add Carvin to the list if you're in the USA. Jet City amps would work and leave you $ left over for other gear.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Mesa, Orange and Laney are solid options.  I'd add Carvin to the list if you're in the USA.  Jet City amps would work and leave you $ left over for other gear.

I heard carvins are quite the treat but unfortunately im not in the US im from europe
edit:there are 2 used carvins MTS 3200 for 650 but I think that is too powerful 
edit :there is a jet city JCA50H+cab for 300
''Steve vai plays a million notes per second
He has no feel''
Last edited by rok.merlak at Mar 29, 2017,
Power isn't the issue- that power has advantages- but the drive channel is fizzy, according to those who've had them
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Power isn't the issue- that power has advantages- but the drive channel is fizzy, according to those who've had them

Haven't played but can see this happening to the MTS since it doesn't have a master volume. 

I've seen Mesa Mark IV combos go as low as $1100.

1X12 combos: Mesa Rectoverb, Laney Iron Heart 112 (30W), Carvin V3M, DSL401/DSL40c (swap the 40C speaker though), EVH-brand 5150 112 (idk how it does for lower gain stuff though) 
Head + Cab (assuming both add up to 1K, so call it $500 and $500)- The first run of DSL100, JSX, Carvin V3, Egnater vengeance (clean channel for blues),  Laney Ironheart 60

So lots of options from different brands and amp circuits. Any specific metal tones you're after?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
A used Orange TH30 112 combo would probably be right around $1k.  You might be able to find a used Mesa Mini Rectifier with a 112 cab for about $1k, too, but I don't know how good that would be for blues.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Maidenheadsteve 
Quote by Maidenheadsteve

1X12 combos: Mesa Rectoverb, 

I've owned that amp for a while.  I loved the clean channel but hated the dirty channel and eventually I sold it.  It completely turned me off from Rectos.  Some love that tone though.  I couldn't get a good mid-gain/crunch tone out of it either.
Quote by diabolical
VT30 is decent for beginner amp, at $1k budget I'd go probably Mesa, Laney, Orange, Marshall.

The Mesa Express 5:25 should land at about $1000 used, Orange Tiny Terror, Dark Terror, Marshall DSL series, Laney IRT series, maybe some Peavey amps as well, like the JSX.

Totally this.

I would really recommend a JSX if you can find one. its a great amp that pops up cheap and at that budget it would eat amps that cost twice as much.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you can squeeze out your budget a little more I picked up a used Mesa Roadster 212 combo for $1100. It will do everything you want really well.

I'm also having a great time with a Laney IronHeart I picked up. Does all the metal stuff well and has a great clean channel. I have the 15W IRT-Studio.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Totally this.

I would really recommend a JSX if you can find one. its a great amp that pops up cheap and at that budget it would eat amps that cost twice as much.

The Peavey's such as the JSX, XXX, 6505 and 5150 which was acquired by EVH are James Brown designed,  Great amps,  However what many don't realize is when he left Peavey he did a stint over at Kustom.  Although not as common as the JSX and others they're often overlooked,  Simply because they're Kustom's  and the price in the used market reflects that.   Some to look at would be The Defender V100 and V50,  The Coupe 36 and 72 pop up from time to time although I'd suggest a tube swap and addition of cooling fans, as they tended to run a bit hot, in which case you'll be doing a tube swap anyway.  Doubt you'd ever find a Double Cross in the EU and even if you did its way overkill,    After he left Kustom he designed the Schecter Hellwin and Hellraiser,  Fanboy amps I know,  Now hes doing Amptweaker if in the market for some tasty peddles, 
Last edited by nastytroll at Apr 2, 2017,
Quote by nastytroll
The Peavey's such as the JSX, XXX, 6505 and 5150 which was acquired by EVH are James Brown designed,

He really WAS the hardest working man in show business!

Quote by dannyalcatraz
He really WAS the hardest working man in show business!

Yea I wonder if he ever gets flack for sharing that name with the likes of the Late Great King of Soul, James Brown 
Last edited by nastytroll at Apr 2, 2017,
I always marveled that Jim Marshall (football player), Jim Marshall (rock photographer), Jim Marshall (amp designer) and James Marshall Hendrix were all contemporaries...

why would you take photos of rocks?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc

Because they can be purdy.

...unless you were serious and misunderstood...

nah i was joking
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

I figured you were, but then I realized- as you often point out- other people are reading theses threads. A little extra clarity rarely hurts.

Haha yeah

You know as soon as I posted it I realised there were probably tons of ultra-famous geology photographers or something.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Would NOT surprise if one were named Jim Marshall, either.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Would NOT surprise if one were named Jim Marshall, either.

haha
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/