Hey guys!

So a non-musician friend knew i was into valve guitar amps, so bought me a small silver preamp with a couple of valves for my birthday.

However, I have absolutely no idea what to do with it.

Theres wee red and white sockets on the back (one of each for "in" and "out" and a volume and power switch.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers
Quote by Paddynbob
Hey guys!

So a non-musician friend knew i was into valve guitar amps, so bought me a small silver preamp with a couple of valves for my birthday.

Theres wee red and white sockets on the back (one of each for "in" and "out" and a volume and power switch.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector

https://www.lifewire.com/rca-jack-definition-3134804
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 27, 2017,
Quote by Paddynbob
Hey guys!

Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers

Probably want this in GG&C.

If you can convert the input/outputs from RCA to 1/4", then it should be a really clean preamp, so it would take pedals quite well. 
Take some pics or post a make/model/year so folks have a clue what you are talking about and how you would like to use it.  So far we got nuthin'
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
you'll need a power amp then

Pre amps amplify the signal slightly, power amps take the signal from the pre amp and amplify it even more in order to drive the speakers, there will be clamps on the back to which you connect your speaker wire to, power amps come in different variations for instance you can get ones which drive both speakers or you can get mono blocks which are for individual speakers and there are a few variations of this

Integrated amps are what you would more commonly find in a hifi set up, they contain both a pre amp circuit and a power amp circuit
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm not sure, but it sounds like it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by theogonia777
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.