I have been playing guitar since I was 12 (am 21 now). About a year or so ago I stopped playing much due to EMT school and then starting my first EMS job after school. During that time, I sold my guitars for bill money (horrible decision), and my Amps got ruined in a house flood.

I recently bought a Mid-range Ibanez RG for super cheap from a buddy, so I have a guitar covered. Now I need a amp. So far I've been looking at the Vox Valvetronix VT40X. It's within my price range ($300 max), and I like the sounds of it. I play a lot of metal and I liked the heavy tones it got.

Any other ideas within the sub $300 price range? I'm open to other suggestions!
If you are into metal tones I would probably try out a Peavey Vypr before I pull the trigger on a Vox.
Quote by guitarsngear
If you are into metal tones I would probably try out a Peavey Vypr before I pull the trigger on a Vox.

yeah they're called VIP now but the Vypyr are the older models.  i'd go with this as they do metal tones really well and are house/apt. friendly. 
You can also usually find the Blackstar HT-5 combo for about $300 used.  That's a cool amp if you aren't gigging or anything.  And really all you'd need to do is mic it and run it through the PA if you do want to gig.  You could also find the Jet City 20 watt combo for about that much, too.  And the Peavey Vypyr/VIP are pretty cool too.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by monwobobbo
yeah they're called VIP now but the Vypyr are the older models.  i'd go with this as they do metal tones really well and are house/apt. friendly. 

+1
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/