Hey guys, so my dad had a quite a collection of guitars back in his day, long story short he got married and had to leave this collection behind when we moved cities and recently was only able to get one guitar back for reasons unknown to me. I have no idea what guitar this is nor does he which i find odd but hey dads getting old and its been 20 years since hes seen any of them again.

Heres a link to a few photos: http://imgur.com/a/1IbZu

Im quite curious about the bridge pickup too if anyone can give some info on that and i know it might be hard to find out what guitar it may be due to there being no name on the headstock but anything helps

Edit: i removed the truss rod cover and behind it i found a logo depicting "FS" or "SF" whichever way it is, maybe that could be of help? Heres an image
http://imgur.com/a/1skQE
Thanks guys
Last edited by faheemhaque at Mar 28, 2017,
I can't give you specifics, but most likely '70s Japanese origin.  Lots of unbranded Les Paul copies like that, some were good, some not so much.  interesting bridge pickup... I've never seen one like that... can't quite make out the writing on it, but it doesn't look like it was an original pickup.  Cool guitar whatever it is.
I don't know what it is, but "FS"/"SF" is a common abbreviation for "factory second"- a guitar that has a manufacturing flaw that does not impede playability or tone, but is otherwise not up to QC guidelines.

That usually means some kind of mistake in the finish or a ding.

OTOH, that's a rather fancy stamp for that- usually, the "FS" is done with a permanent marker.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by stormin1155
I can't give you specifics, but most likely '70s Japanese origin.  Lots of unbranded Les Paul copies like that, some were good, some not so much.  interesting bridge pickup... I've never seen one like that... can't quite make out the writing on it, but it doesn't look like it was an original pickup.  Cool guitar whatever it is.

Yeah after inspecting the wiring for the bridge it turns out it wasn't the original and the parts for the bridge that holds the strings were actually 'made in japan' (engraved on it) so you're right about it being Japanese origin
Last edited by faheemhaque at Mar 30, 2017,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I don't know what it is, but "FS"/"SF" is a common abbreviation for "factory second"- a guitar that has a manufacturing flaw that does not impede playability or tone, but is otherwise not up to QC guidelines.

That usually means some kind of mistake in the finish or a ding.

OTOH, that's a rather fancy stamp for that- usually, the "FS" is done with a permanent marker.

I found out that the symbol is actually an SF abbreviation and that same fancy symbol is also on the first frets inlay too but what does that mean in terms of branding considering theres no name on the headstock, some kind of custom? Also the paint isnt original either, its a refinish! Discovered some binding on the sides underneath the blue
Last edited by faheemhaque at Mar 30, 2017,