Hi guys,

The adaptor a friend of mine lend me has broken and now i have 2 get a new one. Before I get in to a heated discussion about the worth of an oldschool psa-220 9v adaptor and the loss of value by buying a newer version
Can somebody pls tell me what the value is of an oldschool Boss AC 9v psa-220 adaptor is on the current market? 
Cant find any info about it on the www.

Thanx in advannce for ur help.

Greethings,

RotteSound
diabolicalyeah dude i can find images on 5he internet but i just cant find the VALUE IN MONEY as i asked if u would have taken the time to read....but still thamks for taking my question seriously
Thanx man just needed some perspective after all the bitching about 70 bucks worth bcuz uts an old model and stuff damn collectors they think ecerytbing they own is special and worth more than i can proveb by showing em that its just a normal generic piece of electronix that converts electrical current ti make a device work.
RotteSound It is worth nothing when you consider you can get a direct replacement with a lot more current on tap for $20. TrueTone 1-Spot. It is 9v DC, Center Negative, 1700mA. Although I am presuming you are using the adapter for pedals. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1688869
Last edited by Will Lane at Mar 29, 2017,
Jup i know but the only problem is he wants the exact same model pre1997 bcuz it presumably has a different output than the post1997 model...tizms are hard to deal with
Quote by RotteSound
Jup i know but the only problem is he wants the exact same model pre1997 bcuz it presumably has a different output than the post1997 model...tizms are hard to deal with
It does not really have a "different output". The only thing I am not sure of is the barrel connector. The 1-Spot uses the typical 2.1mm which connects to most pedals. Presumably the Boss adapter has the same 2.1mm if you have been using it for pedals.

They only other thing to consider is getting a 1-Spot for your local area. Your Boss adapter expects an input of 220v AC at 50hz. You need a 1-Spot that matches that, although I think the 1-Spots take universal power from 110v AC to 240v AC, 50-60hz.

Check the link I sent you.
Yeah ive tried to make this clear 2 my friend so he has something in the meantime as my search continuesbut still it has 2 be a boss aca because i broke his one and i always try to return the exact thing i broke. This is in the end a good thing 2 do. Thats why i wanted to know the price that product has. Only prob now is that these adaptors arnt bein made anymore so i have 2 find 1 without having 2 pay 47$ shipping fot a 20$ product...
I can understand wanting the original PS for resale value even though there are a zillion better (in terms of output current capacity) and cheaper replacements.  But I'm wondering how you broke it.
I was as surprised as u i think the bag containg my pedals and stuff fell during the ride back from my last gig which probably nade the winding inside break off the interior wall which in turn made the internal wiring disconnect from the input and output.. but im guessing and in truth i dont really care the adaptor doesnt work anymire just need 2 get a new one for a reasonable price So if anyone knows what the retailprice is of a boss aca psa-220 9v adaptor pls tell me the only indication of the price ive git so far is about 20 bucks
Last edited by RotteSound at Mar 29, 2017,
Quote by RotteSound
i always try to return the exact thing i broke. This is in the end a good thing 2 do.
Well, if you can end up getting him something better, for less money, brand new, how is that not as good as buying him something inferior, more expensive, and old as dirt?

If your friend wants the exact same adapter model for some silly reason, show him this thread and make him read the thread link I posted. TrueTone 1-Spot.
Might all be true but ive already offered him some options but he has got his mind set and i dont want to be a hassle...so im buying the vintage one.....but the question remains unanswered...whats the reasonable price for a aca 9v psa-220 ...
I don't think anyone can give you a reasonable price because there is no reasonable price.  I would tell your friend that you will give him $20 or buy a reasonable replacement.  Beyond that, I'd tell him to go find one himself and he can pay the difference.  Seems to me that you have gone beyond the call of duty to replace something that is no longer produced.