Hi! I'm looking to mod my Screaming Bird treble booster. I like the boost I get from it, but it cuts way too much bass and adds way too much treble. I'm going into a Vox AC30, and the amp its own sounds lush, I just need a boost every now and then, so it seems a shame to sacrifice the beautiful tones of this amp for the sake of making it work with this pedal, but I can see potential in this pedal so I'm not ready to ditch it yet. I've had a look inside the pedal and it seems like I could swap out the two 2.2n caps for some more neutral sounding ones, so it would make the pedal more of a flat boost. Not being much of an electronics wiz I'm not sure what caps I should replace them with. My main guitars are a Les Paul BFG and a Washburn N2 if that helps further. Sorry if this question has been posted before, I did look but couldn't find anything! I appreciate any help I can get on this, thanks!
Last edited by fulhamfan01 at Mar 28, 2017,
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=71538.0

I'm not that well up on electronics but I got that from google. I seem to remember reading a while back when I was trawling around online about what caps you should use but I can't remember where- if you just search around the net for treble booster info, and maybe some of the diy sites, i'm sure you'll find something.

or you could just go for the lpb-1 values, if you just look up the schematic for that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc Thanks for the link, I tried my level best to understand the techno jargon but I think I'll try and find the schematic for the lpb-1. Cheers!
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc Just thought I'd share this with you. I actually ended up buying an LPB-1 out of the paper. It sounded ok but actually a bit too dark and sounded way too muddy when I switched to the neck pickup, both on the Les Paul and the Washburn. Decided as an experiment to swap one of the 2.2n caps in the Treble Booster (the one labeled C13) with one of the 0.1u caps in the LPB-1 (the one labeled C2). I now have 2 excellent sounding pedals, both really well balanced and pretty much exactly the sound I'm after! I'm now celebrating with a London Pride ๐Ÿ‘Œ Thanks again for your help!
Last edited by fulhamfan01 at Apr 5, 2017,
^ haha nice
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?