I've been looking to get a new guitar since selling my SG and had planned on having one very soon after. It's been almost a year and money problems keep coming up. The only electric I have now is a Jackson DKA-M(I think, either way it's my first guitar. Very baseline Jackson). I'm not a huge fan of he pick ups right now and the bride pick up is stripped out on one side so it hangs loose and the sounds comes through very wrong. I'm wanting more of a single coil sound since my next planned guitar is an Explorer. I was thinking maybe a type of P90? Any recommendations and any rough price estemates just so I'll have a guide line?
what type of single coil sound? a p90 doesn't really sound much like a fender-style single coil, if that's what you mean by "single coil".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you want a p90 in specific, it's going to have to be a humbucker sized p90 instead of a full sized one. Unless you want to modify your guitar to fit one in.

I don't know of many humbucker sized p90s, but I know Seymour has some called Phat Cats , that I have no experience with. Also i've  seen Calig on ebay sells a true single coil in humbucker form. Never tried it either. 

If you know how to solder, you should get any 4 conductor pickup that you like and a push-pull pot so you can wire your pickups to have coil tap.. 
^ yeah you can get humbucker-sized p90s, but i've never tried any either.

and yeah wiring a coil split for a 4-conductor humbucker will get you closer to fendery tones than a P90 likely will, if that's the aim. Plus you have the humbucker tones, too.

or you could try those humbuckers that are like 2 fender-style single coils together (e.g. the duncan stag mag). but i've never tried those either, and i'd assume the humbucker tones aren't as good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
lace dually ? Got to be honest though, I haven't tried them
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Dave_Mc 

The Stag Mag has a really thick sound. I like the sound in parallel, but it doesn't sound quite like a normal humbucker. The split sound sounds like a single coil, but that is because it is a single coil when split. 
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah you can get humbucker-sized p90s, but i've never tried any either.

and yeah wiring a coil split for a 4-conductor humbucker will get you closer to fendery tones than a P90 likely will, if that's the aim. Plus you have the humbucker tones, too.

or you could try those humbuckers that are like 2 fender-style single coils together (e.g. the duncan stag mag). but i've never tried those either, and i'd assume the humbucker tones aren't as good.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
^ Yeah that's what I would have imagined, just from coming from the other angle- I've tried plenty of regular humbuckers split, and while it's far better than nothing, it's not really a "true" single coil sound either, so I'd assume the opposite is the case when you have a humbucker which is more like two single coils put together.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HB-sized P90s worth looking at can be gotten from Railhammer (called "humcutters"), Bareknuckle, The Creamery, Rio Grande, Vintage Vibe and Lollar, to name a few.

Rio Grande has least 3 HBs that are actually a pair of singlecoils in a HB housing: the Tallboy (Strat-style) and the Dirty Harry HB & Dirty Harry Jr HB (both made from singlecoil-sized P90s).
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!