Hi.

At first, I am from Poland. Sorry for possible mistakes.

As I mentioned in topic I have an Ibanez RG321MH from Korea with stock pickups (but they sound pretty good for me, at least bridge one) and I want to get a new one.
I have filtered some guitars and I found:
Dean Razorback Shards Dimebag Darrell Signature with case.
Dean VMNTX Dave Mustaine Signature
Jackson JS32
Dean Dime'o'flame ML
and finally - the most expensive one - Jackson RR3.
Everyone is telling me sth like "save for that RR, it's A LOT better than the others". Are they right?

That's more information about what I want and what I have:
 1: What type of music do you mostly like to play? 
Mostly Thrash and Death Metal, but I play some ballads too (but I don't mind how guitar will be sound on clean sound to be honest)

2: What type of pickups do I want my guitar to have? 
I don't care. The EMG 81 is very nice ofc, but a friend of mine is telling me Bill Lawrence/Seymour Duncan are better. I know that EMG are actives pickups and SD are passives. BTW. I prefer (I mean I want haha) Humbuckers.

3: What wood do I want my guitar to be made from? 
I don't know a lot how much impact on sound has a type of wood used, so I'll leave this question.

4: Neck.
It MUST have 24 fret. Moreover, thin necks are superior for me.

5: Do I want a tremolo/whammy bar? 
Good question. I want it because of solos and all the whammy tricks which can improve my improvisation. I never used a Floyd Rose before, but I think I could setup guitar with that type of bridge. I like to tune down guitar often, I mean for two months I play in E and then I like to switch to D or even Drop D (and B for lulz haha).

6: What colour/shape do I want? 
I don't care about it to be honest.

7. Used or new?
Used. Straight answer.

8. BUDGET?
This will be a hard answer... Generally... My Ibanez. I want to exchange this Ibanez (and a sheath (not-a-case I mean)) for a better guitar. That's all. So it will be sth around $300 (I can pay more money if a guitar will be very, very good). It's purchase propably for years.

9. What bodystyle do I like?
I want a "V" or Explorer (ofc ML and Razorback style too). That's necessary.

10. What amp do I have?
Peavey Vypyr 15 BUT only at home. Most time I use a Blackstar HT-60 (for lives Blackstar with Shure SM-57)

11. What other gear I have?
Well... Nothing. Just a guitar and the amp.

I have been searching guitars on sites like www.olx.pl and www.allegro.pl. There are a Polish sites with used items, however you will find here a new things from the shops too. Don't be scared to search guitars on these sites - just use a auto-translate option from browser. It will be enought. I think.

I can also add - exchange isn't mandatory. If there are no better guitars than my Ibanez, I can still play on it and buy guitar few months later.
Quote by Nastrun
Hi.

2: What type of pickups do I want my guitar to have?
I don't care. The EMG 81 is very nice ofc, but a friend of mine is telling me Bill Lawrence/Seymour Duncan are better. I know that EMG are actives pickups and SD are passives. BTW. I prefer (I mean I want haha) Humbuckers.

Most companies make active & passive pickups, in many different models. I don't know if you can say 'brands' are better, but you might like certain pickups better than others. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
is the rr3 an older japanese-made one? they're very nice (though a trem swap wouldn't hurt), but the shape can be a bit annoying. it's not terribly well-balanced.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
stay away from the dean. junk IMO especially the dime models at that price.

if its a MIJ jackson, its a hell of a guitar. i don't know the pricing in Poland though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I am hyped for dime'o'flame. It has everything, new one costs about $600. But if I wouldn't get this one, I need to find other. Or maybe my Ibanez is good enough and I don't need to exchange him?
Deans are no so good they are at least in $1000 USD range new then can still be hit or miss, a MIJ RR3 would be the choice hands down of those listed it should come pre-loaded with Duncan JB/JM set a future swap of the JT580LP tremolo wouldn't hurt but unless you are gong to be doing some serious acrobatics it will be fine with a proper set-up. None of the Dean's or the Jackson JS mentioned are going to even come close to an RR3 MIJ will be woth the extra money.

Don't let being a Dime fan influence your choice and make a purchase you will regret.

Here is a gratuitus shot of mine I paid $500 for it in mint condition with the factory hard case which TBH is the top of the pricing scale for these on the used market but it looked as if it had never been played and when new that paint job was more expensive than the standard finish.

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Mar 30, 2017,
These RR's looks sexy, I liked it just now, haha. But, sadly, they're have just 22 frets. Is there any alternative for this guitar or I shouldn't mind it? To be honest, I use 23 and 24 fret rarely, very rarely, but sometimes I need that very high E note. I mean once a month. The real cause is I fell like I have more space to play leads and solos on frets 17-21.

Also, I remind that Floyd Rose isn't mandatory, it's more like nice feature.
And if there are so guitars that aren't V's or Explorers and they are better than this sexy beast RR3 - I can think about them. Just please - no Les Pauls and thinny, very thinny necks. I played once a Gibson Les Paul Studio 2011 or 2013 (I don't remember) and it was terrible. Sound was good, but daaamn, that ergonomy...
Last edited by Nastrun at Mar 30, 2017,
^ the king v has 24 frets i think, but i don't think there was a pro series model of it (could be wrong).

or there was an RR24 but I don't think it had a neck pickup (again, could be wrong).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You're not going to get a better quality guitar for under $500 than the RR3.

May you be interested in an MIJ DK2M if the 24 frets really are that important?

If it has to be a V and it has to be 24 frets, there are some other guitars that'll have those features but they won't be as good as the MIJ Jacksons.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ the king v has 24 frets i think, but i don't think there was a pro series model of it (could be wrong).

or there was an RR24 but I don't think it had a neck pickup (again, could be wrong).

I'm not sure about the newer models but my '93 Professional Series King V Standard has 22 frets.

As for the RR24 the older MIJ models had only a bridge pickup there are however current Pro series Indonesian models with two pups.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You're not going to get a better quality guitar for under $500 than the RR3.

I agree I just picked up a minty DK2M those have been on my GAS list for a long time, it's white and I just love the look of the white/maple/black. It's a stunning edition for my MIJ Jackson collection, I will get around to replacing the JT580LP eventually. I'll post a NGD thread on here in a couple of days.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

If it has to be a V and it has to be 24 frets, there are some other guitars that'll have those features but they won't be as good as the MIJ Jacksons.

I do NOT want any stratocasters or superstrats. Just no. (However, I think I'll be able to grab a VERY nice guitar. Even strat.) So I will grab a sexy RR3
Thank you all, guys.
Last edited by Nastrun at Mar 31, 2017,
Quote by Evilnine
I'm not sure about the newer models but my '93 Professional Series King V Standard has 22 frets.

As for the RR24 the older MIJ models had only a bridge pickup there are however current Pro series Indonesian models with two pups.

ah ok. I thought the king vs usually had 24 frets, at least the ones with floyds.

i forgot about the newer rr24s

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know I decided to go for this RR-3, but I need to get money first.
I am able to buy this Dean... (I mean, I will exchange my Ibanez for this Dean)
https://www.olx.pl/oferta/gitara-elektryczna-dean-dime-o-flame-aktywna-elektronika-korea-CID751-IDkFjZK.html

It's in Polish, so I translated some informations for you:
I want to sell electric guitar Dean Dime'o'Flame - Dimebag Darell signature. I put a Ibanez CAP active electronic, which in mohogany design, in my opinion, works great, because sound is strong, sterile. A bridge is the original Floyd Rose. The guitar is fully adjusted. Of course a tension rod is efficient. It has a new strings - D'Addario EXL 115 - set up and the guitar is tuned in drop D. The price is so low ((it's like $200)) for such a good guitar, because a head broke during transport. This has been fixed and the guitar is 100% efficient.

Write what you think about this Dean. It seems to be a real, good bargain.
EDIT NOTE: This guy prefer to sell his guitar, not to exchange. I can try force him to exchange (or however you call it, I am not good at English) by overpaying. I can offer him my guitar and sth like $50-70 (its around 200 PLN in my country - price on site is also in PLN).
Last edited by Nastrun at Apr 2, 2017,
skip on the dean.

You can't force people to trade with you. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Well, I used a wrong word, sorry. I mean, I just can pay more than he want. Nevermind.
If you say no, I wll trust you. Thanks.
Quote by Nastrun
Well, I used a wrong word, sorry. I mean, I just can pay more than he want. Nevermind.
If you say no, I wll trust you. Thanks.

no worries about the wrong word. lol. It was in jest.

RR3's are killer!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Sounds like you've made your mind up, I'd only suggest playing the guitar prior to buying them. Or you could consider putting new pick ups in your current guitar?
JbfMusic It's now about how my guitar sounds. It's not comfortable for me. I am not able to play fast leads above 18th fret. Ok, sound isn't good for me too. I could put new pickups, but I prefer to pay litle more and have a good guitar, where I don't need to change anything for years. That's all.
Last edited by Nastrun at Apr 2, 2017,
Nastrun Fair enough man! Might be a silly question, but have you had it setup? I usually need to give mine a setup every couple of month- particularly when the weather changes and the wood moves. In fact I probably need to do this now, but am just being lazy, haha!

Having said that, you'll know yourself when you need to upgrade or get some new gear- best of luck in getting the right guitar
Quote by Nastrun

If you can get enough money together to get the Jackson it is going to be your best bet, stay away from that Dime-O-Flame, first you want to avoid a headstock repair if you don't know who did it, second that is not an original Floyd it is a Floyd Rose Special which is a cheap lisecned copy and it's made from inferior materials and with a much lower level of craftsmanship.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge