What do you think of their latest actions? All these missile testings etc

Are they a genuine threat to world "peace"?

North Korea is best Korea etc
RIP Tom Searle.
NK isn't the best Korea in any real or fictive barometer, humor or otherwise, and no, these missile tests are neither new nor a threat, though NK in general is a threat.
North Korea is gonna nuke South Korea leading to every nation in the world descending on them at once. Let's just get the inevitable over with Kim Jong Un.
If I woke up to find out that some nuclear power turned South Korea into an island, I wouldn't be visibly upset. 
I'm just waiting for trumps army to destroy Kim Jong Un and free those poor people born into such a backwards dictatorship. Also at the bottom of my potential places to visit for vacation list
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I feel like North Korea is a miniature chiuwawa barking at the sleeping lion that is the rest of the world. Like, sure, it could probably get a good few bites in, but you know that the moment it does, it will just get destroyed. And you're just there kind of hoping that deep down, on some scale, it knows that too.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 30, 2017,
Quote by Rossenrot
If I woke up to find out that some nuclear power turned South Korea into an island, I wouldn't be visibly upset. 

If you're a D.VA main in Overwatch this is a sad reality.

best korea is a long time sufferer of US imperialism and should be supported. hail supreme leader kim jong-un
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I feel like North Korea is a miniature chiuwawa barking at the sleeping lion that is the rest of the world. Like, sure, it could probably get a good few bites in, but you know that the moment it does, it will just get destroyed. And you're just there kind of hoping that deep down, on some scale, it knows that too.

Of course, most of those bites will probably land in Seoul, and there's probably enough crazy in Kim Jong Dong to figure "totally worth it".
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
North Korea in general fascinates me and I've watched numerous documentaries about it. I just find it truly amazing that in 2017, there exists a country that we know nigh on nothing about. 

It's kinda been bubbling up for ages, so who knows if or when it'll ever actually happen, but I think a revolution within the country is possible. Lots of ex-North Koreans almost make it their duty to try and smuggle in as much western media as they can, to let the population know that they're largely being brainwashed. It's working, as lots of people aren't happy with the regime any more and you see in some recent documentaries with hidden cameras that people occasionally criticise and make fun of Kim Jong-un. 

Unfortunately I think the way it is now, while people used to (naively) respect and love his predecessor Kim Jong-il, it's more now that people are afraid of Kim Jong-un as he seems a bit more ruthless with public executions of his actual family members. 

It's definitely a place that's on my bucket list (they only let in a small number of tourists each year) and I do hope I get a chance to go before shit really hits the fan over there. 
Was (well, still am) genuinely contemplating going there this summer just cause of how fascinating it is to me  
Quote by matt bickerton
North Korea in general fascinates me and I've watched numerous documentaries about it. I just find it truly amazing that in 2017, there exists a country that we know nigh on nothing about.

It's kinda been bubbling up for ages, so who knows if or when it'll ever actually happen, but I think a revolution within the country is possible. Lots of ex-North Koreans almost make it their duty to try and smuggle in as much western media as they can, to let the population know that they're largely being brainwashed. It's working, as lots of people aren't happy with the regime any more and you see in some recent documentaries with hidden cameras that people occasionally criticise and make fun of Kim Jong-un.

Unfortunately I think the way it is now, while people used to (naively) respect and love his predecessor Kim Jong-il, it's more now that people are afraid of Kim Jong-un as he seems a bit more ruthless with public executions of his actual family members.

It's definitely a place that's on my bucket list (they only let in a small number of tourists each year) and I do hope I get a chance to go before shit really hits the fan over there. 

Quote by sam b
Was (well, still am) genuinely contemplating going there this summer just cause of how fascinating it is to me  

Join the army, you'll probably get a trip there soon enough.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I would also like to go there.

It's funny how they think they're a threat because if they actually made a functioning nuclear weapon, the rest of the world would point their many nukes at them and laugh. 
I have nothing important to say
they're purely acting in self defense. if i was living in perpetual fear of getting shot i'd get a gun
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
they're purely acting in self defense. if i was living in perpetual fear of getting shot i'd get a gun

NK already has guns, and most of them point at SK.
Quote by Diemon Dave
well tbf most south koreans want the koreas reunited, and p much all of north korea

Quote by Noam Chomsky, 2013
We might ask how we would react if a superpower that had virtually leveled our
country were right now carrying out simulated nuclear attacks on our borders by
the most advanced and sophisticated bombers in the world, stealth B-2s and B-52s.
North Korean leaders can also presumably read official US military publications,
for example the enthusiastic descriptions of the exciting military operations a
month before the 1953 armistice, when everything above ground in the country
had long ago been destroyed. This “object lesson in air power to all the
Communist world” was an attack in the major irrigation dam – a crime that led to
the death sentence at Nuremberg. It was highly successful, causing a flash flood
that “scooped clear 27 miles of valley below. Along with other attacks on dams,
this devastated 75% of the controlled water supply for North Korea’s rice
production. It sent the commissars “scurrying to the press and radio centers to
blare to the world the most severe hate-filled harangues to come from the
Communist propaganda mill in the three years of warfare.” To the Communists,
“the smashing of the dams meant primarily the destruction of their chief
sustenance – rice. Westerners can little conceive the awesome meaning which the
loss of this staple food commodity has for the Asians – starvation and slow death.
Hence the show of rage, the flare of violent tempers, and the threats of reprisals
when bombs fell on five irrigation dams.”

america embargos the country so they can't import food and then accuses them of starving their populace. as for the nuclear weapons, look at what happened to libya after the US persuaded them to give up their nuclear weapons program
Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at Mar 30, 2017,
the people of north korea are being held hostage with or without their knowledge.  Any war with NK is analogous to a death sentence for these millions of people. 

I believe that this is the motivation behind the international appeasement politics towards north korea instead of their "shows of force".

We might all wish for the removal of the ruling elite but unless it comes from the inside, I don't see how it can end in anything but a general slaughter of the north korean people by one side or the other.
Kim Jong Un slips undercover into SK on weekends to partake in the nightclub scene to get his fix of K-pop, Gangnam Style is his favorite song for karaoke!

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I kind of like the fact Kim executed his senior officials with an anti aircraft gun, so stylish.
This is all I think about when I hear "North Korea"

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The USA and China should split up N. Korea like a wishbone. The Chinese are getting sick of NK's antics, too. 
china should bulldoze the country and turn it into a big carpark or something. imo they should stop being lazy and just make more profit running the place themselves. south korea/usa army on their border doesn't mean shit in this era of aircraft carriers and drones.

or america/others grow a pair and shut the place down and merge it into south korea and double dare china to say shit about it.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I could never decide if I liked North or South Korea more, so I went to a Koreas adviser a ha haaaa
south korea isnt even real korea
Quote by korinaflyingv

had to be done

Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at Mar 30, 2017,
Conditions are poor but unemployment is low, I hear. Theresa May could learn a thing or two.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Dear Great Leader, 

I have infiltrated the capitalist pigs and begun proliferating fake news to divide the Americans. The plan is working better than we could have imagined. We could use some extra funds at our shadow site here, in New Mexico, if you could see fit to send them. More American politicians need bribes, apparently. Anyway be sure to shoot a few traitors on my behalf. 

Best Wishes, 

Agent Dick Johnson
Why is Kim Jong Un so fat?
Because he ate all of North Korea's food.
Quote by TobusRex
Dear Great Leader, 

I have infiltrated the capitalist pigs and begun proliferating fake news to divide the Americans. The plan is working better than we could have imagined. We could use some extra funds at our shadow site here, in New Mexico, if you could see fit to send them. More American politicians need bribes, apparently. Anyway be sure to shoot a few traitors on my behalf. 

Best Wishes, 

Agent Dick Johnson
I knew it - fake news! Busted!
Quote by MH400
What do you think of their latest actions? All these missile testings etc

Are they a genuine threat to world "peace"?

North Korea is best Korea etc

Why did you put peace in scare quotes? 
Quote by slipknot5678
I do not like when people go on about how crazy and brainwashed and insane north koreans are, because it is not true and you'd have to pay zero sincere attention to them to believe that. and the people who say that always say it with this false sense of authority. glad to see there isn't much of that in this thread.

don't buy into north korea's growing tourism industry. there are some instances where it might be justified but mostly not, especially if it's just to satisfy a morbid curiosity.
it's basically a flashier, more politically oriented grief tourism, no?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger