I have been thinking about getting a Telecaster, because from what I've researched, and experimented, it honestly seems sort of like the most versatile guitar. I really like rock, and even some metal. I love heaviness, but I wouldn't say in a exclusively to metal, just heaviness itself. 

I know that Radiohead has often utilized telecasters and they've always manged to get really interesting tones and as well, Jeff Buckley really do some wizardly on predominately only a Tele. The thing is, outside of Tele's I absolutely love Manson guitars that Bellamy plays. They are outright my favorite rocking/metal kind of guitars and in my opinion are just the best. They can play other types of music, especially when done clean but it just doesn't quite have that grit, or earthiness to it. (groove, soul, etc) but I generally like rock, and experimental type stuff the most and I am wondering if I would do better getting just a Manson for now? (without all the bells the whistles because that's just too expensive) 

I was wondering as well what everyone thinks he's using with his guitar/amp and effects to get this sound in this song for example? I know that he uses Tele's for his hard rock stuff, but does anyone think he uses unique pickups or the like? 

I guess I just think it it's your thing that's fine, but for me personally that's a point where it's "heavy" enough, I guess.

;
(I just absolutely adore his clean sound, and this was just a regular Tele, wasn't it?) 

I just love the guitar tones
Oh no, I just realized he has a Gibson in those photos. I know that's another one of his favorite guitars. *sigh* I was also thinking of getting a Telecaster MIM, and a Cort MB1, but I am not sure...
deadcultmagic1
I think he got the Gibson later on? Could be wrong though. As far as the Telecaster tones, most of those were the '80s Tele he's famous for using through Fender clean amps. The Tele had a Seymour Duncan Hot Stack in the bridge, neck pickup I don't know of any particular reason to believe it was changed. As far as his gain sound in that recording of Eternal Life, this site, which in this case is speculative but in my experience is generally pretty good, suggests a few possible fuzz pedals he could've been using in the "guitar effects" section. There isn't a vast amount of info on his gear, though.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
deadcultmagic1
I think he got the Gibson later on? Could be wrong though. As far as the Telecaster tones, most of those were the '80s Tele he's famous for using through Fender clean amps. The Tele had a Seymour Duncan Hot Stack in the bridge, neck pickup I don't know of any particular reason to believe it was changed. As far as his gain sound in that recording of Eternal Life, this site, which in this case is speculative but in my experience is generally pretty good, suggests a few possible fuzz pedals he could've been using in the "guitar effects" section. There isn't a vast amount of info on his gear, though.

I'm pretty sure that it was actually a Gibson during the first song I posted. He did get it later on, but I was re-listening to some of his music, and I noticed in live recordings, when he had his Telecaster, it was way less heavier and just didn't have the same amount of kick and punch; so just, ah...so torn now. 

I don't know if I should get a Cort/Manson or a Telecaster. Do you think the MIM is much different from the MIA? I mean generally the pick ups and tone controls, I wonder if overall they make that much of a difference....
Quote by deadcultmagic1

I don't know if I should get a Cort/Manson or a Telecaster. Do you think the MIM is much different from the MIA? I mean generally the pick ups and tone controls, I wonder if overall they make that much of a difference....

The MiMs are a really good deal for the money, but those who have owned both a MiM and a MiA can run down the qualitative differences, like better tuning stability and the like. That's without the issue of Teleclones from other makers, some of which equal or exceed the originals...or go in other directions entirely,

so just, ah...so torn now

There are Teles and clones with HBs or a mix of pickups; LPs and clones with singlecoils or a mix of pickups. If you look around, you should be able to find something that ticks enough points on your list to make it worth your while.

If not, there's always the option of modding- a pickup swap can do nifty things.

So...which feels best to you? Teles or LPs?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You might think of getting a Baja Telecaster. Pretty affordable and extremely versatile - with an additional position of the pickups in series, making it sound like a humbucker, and an "out of phase" switch for both dual positions.

http://shop.fender.com/en/emea/electric-guitars/telecaster/classic-player-baja-telecaster/0141502303.html#q=baja&qSubmit=&start=1
Dunlop CBM95 Mini Crybaby -> (EHX Silencer) -> Ibanez TS9DX -> Seymour Duncan Palladium -> (EHX Silencer) -> Caline 10 Band EQ -> MXR Phase 90 -> Boss TR-2 Tremolo -> Visual Sound H2O
The best would just go to a guitar store and try until you hit upon something you like. You might find very unexpected favorites.
Dunlop CBM95 Mini Crybaby -> (EHX Silencer) -> Ibanez TS9DX -> Seymour Duncan Palladium -> (EHX Silencer) -> Caline 10 Band EQ -> MXR Phase 90 -> Boss TR-2 Tremolo -> Visual Sound H2O
Quote by deadcultmagic1
I have been thinking about getting a Telecaster, because from what I've researched, and experimented, it honestly seems sort of like the most versatile guitar. 

Probably not the "most versatile" guitar, but certainly usable enough for a lot of things. Depends on the pickups you choose, etc. 
Don't get hung up on which guitar so and so played unless it's really an integral part of the tone. Jeff Buckley could just as easily be played on a Strat, for example. Radiohead uses all kinds of guitars, the Tele is one among many. 

A Strat is more versatile than a Tele, if versatility is what you're after, because it has more pickup selections and it has a vibrato.