the play is fame. its okay.

there are some guitar solos so i got that going for me which is nice. at the end the cast dances on stage and i get to noodle a high-gain solo. it has been a while since i've read sheet music so it took some work but i've gotten it all 98% down.

if you're able to, come out tonight 7pm or tomorrow 2 pm and 7pm.

i am also cooking a pizza for lunch
>Birthday : September 27, 1995
>Highschool
At least I died listening to some good ass music
Quote by TrikeScene
>Birthday : September 27, 1995
>Highschool

Valid
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R You could say he's like a special guest but I thought the point of HS plays was to see your kids not some gitbox playin' man. 
At least I died listening to some good ass music
Quote by TrikeScene
H4T3BR33D3R You could say he's like a special guest but I thought the point of HS plays was to see your kids not some gitbox playin' man. 
i guess i was the most qualified guitarist in the area that the band director knew

the students he has access to that are guitar players are not that great, the music is kind of demanding
Quote by matt bickerton
You've made it man, that's the dream
i would hate to do musicals professionally
Last edited by Will Lane at Mar 31, 2017,
I liked the bit about the pizza
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Next week im playing for my third high school musical in four weeks. Apparently I'm one of the only guitarists around here who can read music so they end up calling me a lot around this time. The money is nice but sometimes it's fucking torture to sit through all the rehearsals. Also the music is usually written in some very inconvenient way to read and the style of music gets annoying really quick.
hey that's funny, cause i am also playing guitar for a high school play. there are some guitar solos so i got that going for me which is nice. at the end the cast dances on stage and i get to noodle a high-gain solo. it has been a while since i've read sheet music so it took some work but i've gotten it all 98% down.if you're able to, come out tonight 7pm or tomorrow 2 pm and 7pm. i am also cooking a pizza for lunch
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Valid

Will Lame is more of an invalid if you ask me.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
should we bring leg warmers just in case, you know, it turns into like a total free for all like?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Next week im playing for my third high school musical in four weeks. Apparently I'm one of the only guitarists around here who can read music so they end up calling me a lot around this time. The money is nice but sometimes it's fucking torture to sit through all the rehearsals. Also the music is usually written in some very inconvenient way to read and the style of music gets annoying really quick.

Do they expect you to sight read I on the spot or do they give you some advance warning

Also

Highscool girls tho eh? Eh?

No
Quote by mattedbird
should we bring leg warmers just in case, you know, it turns into like a total free for all like?
no it was hot as butts in the auditorium i was pretty not happy with that

got hand cheese all over my guitar
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
ugh yes. burning out my el84's because these little farts in the pit with me didn't practice. the music often feels unnatural and sometimes doesn't make sense.

also i'm only getting paid $50 so. if i weren't friends with the directors i would have not done it at that price.
Last edited by Will Lane at Mar 31, 2017,
Will Lane oh btw the first night went okay. it was hot as i mentioned. also the first time they dimmed the lights we could not see our music so for a whole scene change i stumbled around with my phone to get a light. really not cool. my mum was there and she said she could hear me really good tho and she was proud of me.

i didn't see any of YOU there
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
Do they expect you to sight read I on the spot or do they give you some advance warning

Also

Highscool girls tho eh? Eh?

No

They usually give me the book ahead of time but occasionally I won't get it until the first rehearsal and then I'll have to sight read. 

Also, best part about high school girls?

I get older, they stay the same age
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
They usually give me the book ahead of time but occasionally I won't get it until the first rehearsal and then I'll have to sight read.

That would worry me. I could do chord charts as long as they weren't some crazy jazzy slash chord 60 tv theme deal

maybe

but single note stuff would be a scary if it was fast enough 

One of my guitar teachers tried to hook me up with a musical a few years ago, but I chickened out and now I'm sittin here typing

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Also, best part about high school girls?

I get older, they stay the same age

Aww yee
Quote by Will Lane
Will Lane oh btw the first night went okay. it was hot as i mentioned. also the first time they dimmed the lights we could not see our music so for a whole scene change i stumbled around with my phone to get a light. really not cool. my mum was there and she said she could hear me really good tho and she was proud of me.

i didn't see any of YOU there

I actually would have shown up for two reasons:
1. To support someone I know as a musician
2. To make fun of someone I barely know
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Will Lane
at the end the cast dances on stage 

Quote by Will Lane
i get to noodle a high-gain solo.

Will you be able to pull it off through all the cringe?
What, what play was it? The Easter Pageant?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Pastafarian96
I actually would have shown up for two reasons:
1. To support someone I know as a musician
2. To make fun of someone I barely know
Quote by Spinnerweb
Will you be able to pull it off through all the cringe?
we are actually on stage, but behind the set so i can't see any of it.
Quote by theogonia777
What, what play was it? The Easter Pageant?
its called fame. its about a bunch of performing arts students and their struggles.
Will Lane

So you're doing secular musicals now? Jesus will weep.
Quote by theogonia777
Will Lane

So you're doing secular musicals now? Jesus will weep.
i actually have to not play one song because of my beliefs and my position at my church. yeah i'm a prude oh well.

if you look at the song listings of fame you'll know which song it is

actually

here you go

we do a censored version but it's still too rough for me to support it.
lol Will Lame