Peavey Vyper 30
Blackstar Id Core 40
Roland Cube 30
Vox VT 20+
I'm inclining towards Vyper but I read it has noise/hum issues so Blackstar maybe? . This would be my first amp, I'll be playing Metal (LoG, Opeth, Megadeth, Dreamtheater etc) through Ltd F10.
My main priorities are modern high gain sound and loudness. Will be using the amp for home practice or recording. Till now I am using Zoom G1nX as my amp.
Feel free to suggest any other amps of similar price range.
Thanks!
Edit: I am looking for combo only.
Last edited by Abhishek1993 at Apr 1, 2017,
Honestly the Vypyr out of that lot.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'd go Vypyr here as well but I'd look for the VIP 2 with the added features (and the Budda emulation - I'm a sucker for that sound).  

If you want a non-modeling amp look at the Laney IRT-Studio, Peavey 6505h (as diabolical mentioned), Mini Rectifier.  The Laney and Peavey mh have some very cool recording interfaces built in.  
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by Tony Done
The Vyper gets a lot of support in this forum. I've been a long time fan of Roland, and I'm curious to know why the Peavey usually tops it. Is it genre specific? More features? Better sound?

The Vypyr is suggested here often when someone is primarily looking for more modern metal tones.
Particularly for a user looking for a first amp when not a lot of money is available.

Myself, I only have experience with the Valvtronix and the Vypyr amps.
Out of those two, the Vypyr is more suited to metal sounds, whereas the Vox is better for clean and some earlier hard rock/metal sounds (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, some Sabbath, etc.is about as heavy as the Vox gets).
diabolical
Quote by diabolical
The VYper probably, honestly not much excited about each. How about 6505mh?

That would be way out of my budget. Also, it is not available where I live.
Quote by metalmingee
I'd go Vypyr here as well but I'd look for the VIP 2 with the added features (and the Budda emulation - I'm a sucker for that sound).  

If you want a non-modeling amp look at the Laney IRT-Studio, Peavey 6505h (as diabolical mentioned), Mini Rectifier.  The Laney and Peavey mh have some very cool recording interfaces built in.  

I am looking for combo amps only. Does Laney have any good combo amps under 200$ for metal?
Abhishek1993 I don't know. I'm on familiar with their IronHeart series which are all above $200.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .