Adding EMG, SD or Dmarzio, Or should I get a new guitar?
Edit: I play metal. Don't have any amp, I play through Zoom G1nX effects processor. Soon I am getting a Peavey Vyper 30.
I want to upgrade because my current stock pickups don't sound well when I play Opeth style distorted chords.
Last edited by Abhishek1993 at Apr 1, 2017,
What amp do you have?
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by bjgrifter
What amp do you have?

This IS the more important question. However, to address the question you asked...

It depends. How does the guitar feel in your hands? How is its tuning stability?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Without knowing anymore information if changing the pickups will make you play it more then go for it.  

But keep the original pickups and reinstall them back in the guitar if you ever go to sell it.  

Replacement pickups may cost as much as the guitar but they will not add any real value to the guitar.  

With that said, your entire signal chain is important.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Unless you can state what amp you've got, I'm going to say no to upgrading pickups.

Getting a new guitar in the interest of sounding better is pointless if your amp is crap.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Tony Done
If you like the guitar, then I see pickup swapping as a reasonable option, but you have to be able to define what is wrong with the current ones in the context of the rest of your amplification chain.

I want better articulation when playing chords/triads with distortion on. I play through Zoom G1nX effects processor.
Quote by Abhishek1993
I want better articulation when playing chords/triads with distortion on. I play through Zoom G1nX effects processor.

Get a better amp or multi effects unit before worrying about pickups.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend