I'm looking for a new practice amp. I've searched online and reached two different amps, that seem good enough for a budget and have great reviews around the web - the Roland Cube 15X and the Marshall Valvestate VS15r.

I don't play on any band neither I plan to (and if I did most guys in bands I know already have their own gear), so it would be only for practicing. The idea is for it to be the most reliable, versatile thing that offers the most effects and options, so I can work around with it without having to buy any pedals and such for now. Being low powered not only doesn't bother me it's also a good thing as I live in an apartment, and by own experience I know they could still easily fill an auditory with sound (by own experience, with a 10wt amp), so it's all about versatility and features.

The Cube 15X has some great features like the dirty channel configurations, but the Marshall offers a Reverb effect only the Cube 20 and upwards do (out of my budget), that can be really useful for the type of music I play with - and about that, I go from clean, to classic rock n' roll, to trash metal, to heavy metal and beyond - versatility is indeed a big requirement. Any opinions (and perhaps better suggestions, although those are quite limited to what's available on the used market and prices, ofc)?
'07 Jackson Pro Dinky DK2M (MIJ)
Squier Strat SE
Marshall Valvestate VS15R practice amp
Last edited by andre.fontes.es at Apr 14, 2017,
Have you considered getting a multi effects pedal that includes amp sims?  They will provide you with a full range of tones & effects allowing you to create pretty much any sound imaginable.

Check out the Zoom G3.  You can practice through headphones, or plug it in to the aux input of a home stereo system for practicing out loud.  Line 6 products are also worth looking at.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
First off, I'd like to thank Gary for his suggestion, I checked it the day after you submitted but I've been busy lately and ended up not replying.

I considered that pedal you've suggested, but not only it was a bit over the price I'd like to pay, I also preferred to have an actual amp to get the analog "feel" - so to speak - and in case I want to do a small presentation or something, it's always a lot more practical. 

Finally, my decision - I went with the Marshall one. My choice was mostly based on the fact the Valvestate offered built-in Reverb effect, which I found a lot more useful than the Cube's emulation presets. My choice would've been different if I managed to find a cheaper Cube 20, though, but I really don't regret my choice.

I paid less than 70€ for it and it's in pretty good condition. It's not incredibly loud, but I already knew that and still I haven't went beyond 5 (and with low gain). It feels such a great upgrade from my previous amp, I can do a lot more with it, sounds great for me and the clean sound is amazing. Only the twin gain option is a bit tricky, as while it offers more control yet takes some time to get used to (and to adapt settings into it) rather than if it had two different channels. Basically: I'm quite happy with it and after spending more time with it I'll gladly write a review here to help out any potential future buyers.

On a side note, I know that it won't do for more than practicing, but that's exactly why I wanted it for: practicing, learning and having fun with in an apartment. I'm midway finishing college and don't work, if I just kept saving for something better (and there are more important stuff I'm saving for) I'd end up with my old crappy amp until I had a job and even lesser time than now to practice. Later on I can buy a better one if the need arises, and can keep this one or sell it, after all under good care and considering it's not new it'll retain most of it's value.
'07 Jackson Pro Dinky DK2M (MIJ)
Squier Strat SE
Marshall Valvestate VS15R practice amp
Last edited by andre.fontes.es at Apr 14, 2017,
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud