face up on the pick if you could. to see who makes them or whatever. in case i spot them at a music store, and decide to try one you have. 

one i like is this Elvis pick i got at an Elvis gift shop. 
it's kinda thick and transparent. works well for strumming chords mainly. makes it sound more bright and more loud. 
it's on this site. tenth row down on the right side. looks kind of yellowish. if you're interested. 
http://www.bandguitarpicks.com/cool-promo-guitar-picks
begginer geetarest.

Dunlop Tortex .6mm. Took me many years of playing to pinpoint the absolute best pick for me, and this is it. 

I use Gravity Picks' Razer Standard 2 (2mm). The base pick is a clear ice-blue pick and runs about $6. 
Rob Chapman liked this pick as well, and selected some custom features, including a smokey grey color. I'm not a Chappers fan, but it's the same pick I use PLUS some custom features that I like, and it's the same price, so that's what I'm using now.

Quote by MrStig91
Dunlop Tortex .6mm. Took me many years of playing to pinpoint the absolute best pick for me, and this is it. 

dunlop seems to be a popular choice. i'll have to try those. 
Quote by dspellman
I use Gravity Picks' Razer Standard 2 (2mm). The base pick is a clear ice-blue pick and runs about $6. 
Rob Chapman liked this pick as well, and selected some custom features, including a smokey grey color. I'm not a Chappers fan, but it's the same pick I use PLUS some custom features that I like, and it's the same price, so that's what I'm using now.

a six dollar pick. interesting. looks like it has cloth on it. maybe the stores have it. 
begginer geetarest.
Its just not polished.

I've used tortex for a while. I use the green and purple variants and usually use a fine nail file to give them more of a sharp point.
Quote by BeefDrapes
Its just not polished.

I've used tortex for a while. I use the green and purple variants and usually use a fine nail file to give them more of a sharp point.

the nail file is a pretty good idea for customizing a pick more so. 
begginer geetarest.
I use the red .5 dunlop tortex. Ive gone from red to yellow to green to orange and im back to red. The orange is a solid choice as well if you want something thats not extremely flimsy. But my fav's are the red.
I actually just picked up a pack of gator grip 2mm picks out of curiosity. I really like the beveled edge on the pick it almost seems softer than the tortex picks I typically use. I don't know what the difference in texture or finish is but buddy they stick to my fingers in a way I can't explain. Not really a fan as it makes any shifting I need to do to the pick a task.
Although Megadeth>Metallica  I have to admit James has one advantage, his picks! LOL jokes aside I love these blackfangs they keep their tip longer than other picks and are great for fast riffing/picking. I have tried Jazz picks in the past but I always seem to gravitate back to the black fangs, funny enough it was my bass player that turned me onto them (he picks bass with a regular guitar pick).

EDIT: Is this thread meant to be more about rare or unique picks? If so it was over my head I'm going to bed now.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at May 17, 2017,
I picked these up on a whim at ~$4 a pop from the local shop. They project like crazy and are lasting forever. It helps that I don't get much more hardcore than Elliott Smith or Brand New with my style. Ah well.

I am a fake mountain.
Last edited by DanTheHobbit at May 17, 2017,
Quote by UFC on VHS
Although Megadeth>Metallica  I have to admit James has one advantage, his picks! LOL jokes aside I love these blackfangs they keep their tip longer than other picks and are great for fast riffing/picking. I have tried Jazz picks in the past but I always seem to gravitate back to the black fangs, funny enough it was my bass player that turned me onto them (he picks bass with a regular guitar pick).

EDIT: Is this thread meant to be more about rare or unique picks? If so it was over my head I'm going to bed now.

Ultex Sharps are a cheaper way to get the same pick. 72 in a bag for $20.00 or so. 

I use the 1.14mm. 
Quote by Jeffh40
Ultex Sharps are a cheaper way to get the same pick. 72 in a bag for $20.00 or so. 

I use the 1.14mm. 

Thanks! I have some of the exact pick just not "sharp" liked them but missing the point was no good. Have to start buying these.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
I like this one because it was a gift from the long suffering Mrs. Smith.

"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
Red Brain Picks. Soft enough for full chords, yet stiff enough for fast paced trem picking. Grips better than anything else I've tried too. I usually play them until they completely lose their tip.

Quote by Jeffh40

I use the 1.14mm. 

I second this.  Used to use the Black Fangs religiously until I worked out the Ultex Sharps are the exact same pick, without the Metallica branding, for about 1/3 of the price.  I seem to wear through the Ultex tips pretty quickly, so saving a bit of money but getting basically the exact same product is a nice bonus.
Nothing really all that exciting, started using the Dunlop Jazz III when I started picking up on thrash metal in high school after Fender discontinued their "House pick" (a guitar pick shaped like a kid's drawing of a house) - another item Fender discontinued (with stainless .009-.040 gauge bullet strings) that I wish would come back. I found the Dunlop Jazz III's were common and plentiful enough to find them at most places, and were comfortable enough for precsision fast playing for me that I just kept using them ever since. They also last a super long time - I melt celluloid picks very fast.

My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)