I just tried out all thirds tuning today and I have to say I really like it and I'll probably keep my electric guitar tuned this way from now on.

I'm talking major thirds so it's really easy to play augmented chords which is pretty cool, since I think people don't understand the artistic capabilities of aug chords that well. It also makes it easier to play augmented sixth chords which is a huge plus since I've really gotten into this shoegaze/electronic/jazz music thing where aug6 chords fit really well.

Pentatonic scales are a lot harder now though so I can't really play any solo's but maybe I'll figure something out. Maybe if I use enough distortion and delay I can come up with some cool sounds?

Idk what else to say, try it out folks it's pretty cool.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I've been noodly with this for years. It's literally the best tuning for electric guitar to be honest. All major chords are 11011 and minor chords are 00100. The covers the three inversions of major/minor triads. Literally only three shapes basic shapes that are 100% the same on any strings. Extremely useful for people that like to incorporate rolls in their playing. Extremely economic for scale since it is pure 1 finger, 1 fret all the way and requires almost no position changes for complex scale runs or melodies. Extremely friendly for use of whole tone scales and diminished 7th arpeggios. Only real down side is that there is some difficulty voicing bigger extended chords and multi-octave major/minor chords but if those things aren't important to your style, then it's absolutely perfect.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Kevätuhri

Pentatonic scales are a lot harder now though so I can't really play any solo's but maybe I'll figure something out.

Welcome to Isomorphic instrument tuning.

If you want to play a minor pent with say 2 notes per string, there is only one repeating pattern you need to learn.( can be thought of as 2 half patterns)
This pattern covers 5 strings, and continually cycles.

This pattern can be transposed to any key and any position you want, without the pattern changing.

You really only need to learn one 7 string pattern for all Major, minor, modes etc. This can be a shifting 3 NPS pattern, or a modified 3rds pattern, or a Caged style pattern, but this one pattern will cover all modes and keys, all over the neck.

All chords follow the same rules.
This thread was actually a joke since it was April 1st yesterday and I suck.

But hey this is some cool discussion so discuss away and maybe I don't close this after all.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri

But hey this is some cool discussion so discuss away and maybe I don't close this after all.

Hahahaha!
Quote by Kevätuhri

You should have tried with "all minor fifths tuning" and gone on a real rant as to why it was the tuning of the future.