Had this for about a month, not been to a doctor but it's not exactly hard to diagnose, and in the last week my fretting hand's been getting weaker and the coordination in the ring and little fingers worse, really fucking up my guitar playing. I'm trying to do the right things like not lean on my elbow, but some of the advice is just to let it rest, yet I'm worried about exaggerating the current muscle wasting if I do that, I really want to get my strength back up - would it be a bad thing to get one of those Fender finger exercise things?
Last edited by dragonzrmetal at Apr 2, 2017,
How serious is this muscle wasting? If that's a genuine factor, you'd probably want to ask a medical pro before us bunch of numbnutses.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
What you need is a new amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

EpiExplorer I don't know if it's actually muscle wasting yet or just the nerve not telling my muscles to move with enough strength, there's not much information on it, but I'm finding things like turning taps and tuning keys difficult as-well as bends, and I do know that irreversible muscle wasting is a thing that happens at some point with this. I'm loathe to talk to the professionals but maybe that's gonna have to happen.
Just go see your GP. The necessary neurological exams will take minutes, and you'll get the right advice (which will mostly be "this is where your nerves are, don't lean on them, exercise the muscles lightly daily but realise this may take some time to resolve, at least you didn't go full MegaDave on it").
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Hey I'm not a
oh wait I am.

UltramanGuizoo
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
No one here has the qualifications to help you, and you certainly don't have the qualifications to help yourself.  Go to a doctor.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
As a doctor of 47 years and chairman of the Guitarist Physicians of North America Association I can confirm that the only solution to this sorts of muscle and tissue issue is a full hand amputation. Sorry, friend, but you're going to have to get rid of your hands.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
As a doctor of 47 years and chairman of the Guitarist Physicians of North America Association I can confirm that the only solution to this sorts of muscle and tissue issue is a full hand amputation. Sorry, friend, but you're going to have to get rid of your hands.

Shit, I think I saw something like this on TV, I have like half an hour to lop it off myself or I'm going to die, right? :P

Thanks for the replies. It takes weeks to get a GP in England, so I'm just gonna rest it for now and see what happens, and if it doesn't clear up soon I'll take the proferred advice.