Guys im looking into buying a house guitar setup,i was a big floyd fan back in the day and used to play years ago.

Im thinking of buying this: 

[h]Fender Special Edition Standard Strat MN Black[/h]

I was looking to also buy pedals and an amp.....

The amp being either:

Blackstar ID:15TVP True Valve Power 15w Combo   or   the Fender Champion 100.

I totally understand you have to be into the near thousands to get the real sound of floyd, but is this ok? Especially as im starting to get back into it after years.

I was looking to play many floyd backing tracks through the amps if possible and play along.

I can go a little higher in money if there are better amps or guitars out there, if needed.

My brother has a Boss GT100 effects unit that he is giving me for a while, until i start collecting my own pedals so im just interested in the Guitar and Amp.

Thanks for any help
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Now, some clarification & discussion...

Yeah, nailing DG's tone is potentially VERY expensive. He uses some pretty high-grade & exotic stuff crafting his tone. Take a look at the Equipboard link I posted, or at Gilmoirish.com.

The good news is that there are ways to get extremely close without breaking the bank.

At the center, you'll find SSS Strats- including one with EMGs- and amps that can deliver clean tones. He has a Mesa or two, a few Fenders and a bunch of Hiwatts.

(Gotta drive a car now- more later.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I tracked down an earlier gear list I made regarding emulating DG:

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Axe:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG

Amp:
Fender HRD, Carvin Belair, Vox AC15 or AC30, Mesa TA-15 or TA-30, or Quilter Aviator Gold 210

Pedals:
Boss RT-20 rotary
Catalinbread Echorec or Dawner Prince Boonar echo
ARC Effects Shepherd fuzz
ARC Effects Green fuzz
Spaceman Effects WOW Signal fuzz
McCaffrey Run Rabbit Run vibe
Keeley Compressor compressor
Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Sr delay
Keeley Phase 24 phaser
Empress Heavy distortion
Magnetic Effects Satellite, TrueTone VS-XO or ThorpyFX Gunshot OD
...or possibly just a Keeley Dark Side of the Moon MFX

It was based on comparing what he uses to more recent products currently available new or used. Many are boutique, but still cheaper than the authentic gear he uses.

If I were putting that list together today, for additional completeness AND smaller budgets I'd add

1) to the pedals, the Boss BD-2 Blues Driver and Keeley Katana Blues Driver in the same list as the Magnetic Effects Satellite; the Wren & Cuff Tall Font Russian and McCaffery Green Vodka after the ARC Effects Big Green
2) the Fender Bassbreaker, Carvin Nomad, Vintage 16, V3M.; Quilter's Microblock 45, Mini Head 101 to the amps list
3) SSS Strats or similar MiM Fenders, better Squiers, G&L Tributes, Godin Progressions and Reverend Six Guns to the axe list