I decided I wanted to change the default strap buttons on my Ibanez to straplpcks, so I bought a pair of Schaller straplocks. The problem is that Ibanez use uniquely sized screws that don't fit the straplock screws that I got. So, does anybody know any Ibanez sized straplocks?
It's the other way around. You need to adjust the hole to the size of the straplock screw. Straplocks come with a screw that's at once skinnier and longer than the standard screw. Why they've done that I have no idea. But the correct solution is to have a good tech install a wood plug in the current hole and drill a new hole. The quick and dirty solution is to dip a wooden toothpick in epoxy and stuff it into the hole, then follow with the skinny screw for the straplocks. 
There's no such thing as, 'Ibanez-sized straplocks'

Why can't you use the strap buttons and screws that Schaller provide? Just glue toothpicks into the hole.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Oh My!   So now you've discovered the strap lock screws are a bit longer/skinnier/fatter than the OEM screws and you cant quite figure out what all this means,  Must be the wrong sized screws right? This is the manufactures fault, They just haven't kept up with the times and failed to realize this new batch of Snowflakes don't even know which end of a screwdriver to use,   Oh I got a flat tire a man bun and beard so lets call the tow truck to help me out of my situation, In which case a real man shows up to fix Snowflakes problem,   Yes Snowflake the screws on a locking strap button might be different, Ever tried thinking out of the box and doing something for yourself,  
Last edited by nastytroll at Apr 2, 2017,
nastytroll Bloody hell calm down. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any brands with bigger screws, rather than me having to fill the hole then drill it back out again. It's just a question, I think you need to take a break from the internet for a while.
Last edited by jetpackcaptain at Apr 2, 2017,
Quote by nastytroll
Oh My!   So now you've discovered the strap lock screws are a bit longer/skinnier/fatter than the OEM screws and you cant quite figure out what all this means,  Must be the wrong sized screws right? This is the manufactures fault, They just haven't kept up with the times and failed to realize this new batch of Snowflakes don't even know which end of a screwdriver to use,   Oh I got a flat tire a man bun and beard so lets call the tow truck to help me out of my situation, In which case a real man shows up to fix Snowflakes problem,   Yes Snowflake the screws on a locking strap button might be different, Ever tried thinking out of the box and doing something for yourself,  
Does this kind of post make sense in your head before you type it out?

Quote by dspellman
The quick and dirty solution is to dip a wooden toothpick in epoxy and stuff it into the hole, then follow with the skinny screw for the straplocks. 
This is the solution to go for, in my experience. If you use an adhesive, make sure you allow it to dry before screwing. Gluing a screw in is a bad idea.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by jetpackcaptain
nastytroll Bloody hell calm down. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any brands with bigger screws, rather than me having to fill the hole then drill it back out again. It's just a question, I think you need to take a break from the internet for a while.

Sorry dude but its just common sense,   Which I'm sorry to say many of our youth today don't have,   Its more like lets get on the internet and ask thousands of other idiots what they think ,  Dude I own quite a few guitars and all have strap locks be them Schaller style or Grover,  And guess what,  The screws didn't fit the OEM holes,  But yet your looking for those that perfectly fit an Indonesian made Ibanez Yea good luck with that 
nastytroll Why would I want to drill holes in my guitar if there's a chance that I don't have to? How am I to know if there are or aren't ibanez sized straplocks somewhere on the internet? It's not a lack of common sense, it's attempting not to waste time and energy sticking bits of wood in holes in my guitar.
Humm? So you already bought the strap locks right?   So assuming there's a return policy whats the shipping going to cost even if you do find the Ibanez correct buttons and screws?  Which I'm afraid wont happen,  Dude I have guitars that cost more than your moms car with Elmer's glue and toothpicks in the strap button holes or been drilled,  Its not a big deal.  What your doing is wasting time mindfucking this thing, 
nastytroll Ok, I accept the fact that I'm going to have to jam shit in my guitar to get the straplocks to fit. My point is that this has taken less time than wondering to myself whether I'm going to have to jam shit in my guitar to get the straplocks to fit, then deciding. There was definitely no reason for you to take out your problems about "youth today" on me, I was just asking a question on a forum where you ask questions.
I really can't be arsed trying to speak to you anymore
Last edited by jetpackcaptain at Apr 2, 2017,
Quote by nastytroll
Humm? So you already bought the strap locks right?   So assuming there's a return policy whats the shipping going to cost even if you do find the Ibanez correct buttons and screws?  Which I'm afraid wont happen,  Dude I have guitars that cost more than your moms car with Elmer's glue and toothpicks in the strap button holes or been drilled,  Its not a big deal.  What your doing is wasting time mindfucking this thing, 
Most things aren't obvious or common sense until you know them Besides, this kind of issue pops up all the time - I made a similar thread about two years ago when I faced the same problem for the first time. It's exactly the kind of issue that a forum like this is perfect for: there's a quick DIY fix which plenty of people on here have tried and can vouch for having used it for the exact same purpose as the person asking the question.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one