So iv'e jut bought a 2nd hand Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 head but it hasn't got a power cable. The input it a kettle plug shape but bellow it, it has "230V ~ 50Hz 175Watts". do I need just a regular kettle pug or do I need something different?
The "kettle plug" shape is called IEC. The 230V ~ 50hz bit is about the input power the amp accepts. What is the wall power in your area? Did you buy an amp made for foreign voltage?
Last edited by Will Lane at Apr 3, 2017,
Will Lane the  wall power here is 230v, I'm in England so the voltage is the same. So do I just need to get a regular IEC cable since the voltage at the wall is 230v?
Quote by madscout221
Will Lane the  wall power here is 230v, I'm in England so the voltage is the same. So do I just need to get a regular IEC cable since the voltage at the wall is 230v?
Yep. It is also at 50hz from what I see, so you just need a standard power cord that is IEC to G-type (which is what you have in your wall). Presumably the cable will be able to handle the 230v if you buy it from an England retailer, but check the rubber outside housing of the cord just to be sure.