Hey all,

So, after an unsuccessful tenure of sorts with a bridge pickup swap in one of my Gibby V's (A real hot ceramic that was on the muddy side), I decided to go back to the stock Burstbucker Pro temporarily. I have the same pickups in my other V, and I love them in that guitar. But in this V, they don't sound quite as nice - Perhaps they just don't like downtuning or thicker guage strings (Less clarity, looser low end). In any case, adjusting pickup height/different pots didn't fix the problem, so it seems another pup swap is in due order!

I've long had my eyes on BKP Rebel Yells - I'm told they offer maximum clarity, a tight low end, and some extra power without going overboard (i.e - they clean up fairly well). Any reason NOT to go w/these for my needs? I've also been recommended Miracle Mans, but fear they will be too hot/dark.

As stated, the guitar is a Gibson flying V (tuned to D standard). Genres range from 80's metal & punk, up to melo-death/modern power metal. Amp is an ENGL Fireball (But I sometimes do play through boosted JCM 800 type amps too).

Thanks!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
i didn't like the rebel yells. a little ice picky in lp style guitars
that being said just email them and listen to their rec. they are usually right.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Ive been looking at those too. They should handle 80s stuff & punk like a charm. Not sure about the heavier stuff. You might also consider their HB-sized P90s.

Contact BKP for a recommendation. They're pretty helpful, in my experience.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Without having any experience with those pickups and fulfilling your request to talk you out of the pickups, I would say that you should ask yourself an important question: do you really want pickups with the same name as a Billy Idol song?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
I would say that you should ask yourself an important question: do you really want pickups with the same name as a Billy Idol song?
If anything, that (along with the etched "ray gun" covers) is a selling point for me!

BKP themselves are telling me to go w/them via e-mail. I guess if they end up working out, then maybe the solution to trying other models out is to buy more guitars..
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

Quote by FlightofIcarus
If anything, that (along with the etched "ray gun" covers) is a selling point for me!

No accounting for taste I guess.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
No accounting for taste I guess.
Don't judge now!
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

I won't lie, the day I order my BKP Rebel Yells, I will be paying for the Ray Gun etch upcharge.

(That increases their Steve Stevensness, and I want as much Steve Stevens in my Steve Stevens signature pickups as is possible.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!