I'm watching Freaks and Geeks on Netflix, which made me wonder...

Did you have "bad friends" when you were a teen? Do you have them now? Were/are you the bad friend?
Or friends aside, were/are you a rebellious teen?
Having bad friends first requires friends, so no. I did not, and do not have, bad friends.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Having bad friends first requires friends, so no. I did not, and do not have, bad friends.

Wanna be BFFs? As in Bad Friends For--who are you again?
yeah I had a couple. They were manipulative. eventually I got rid of them

in a sense I'm a bad friend - I often leave long gaps between talking to people. I'm not sure why, but I find constant contact through anything but written letters painfully artificial, that might be some of it. I'm also a lazy ass
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by ultimate-slash
Wanna be BFFs? As in Bad Friends For--who are you again?

I'm that guy who always hears about parties a minimum of 3 weeks after they happen.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I did not have bad friends, but I did have friends who introduced me to alcohol and who were happy to explore the wealth of new options alcohol offered us*.
I only recently came to the realisation that had I not discovered alcohol and parties at 15, I might have actually been a surprisingly productive member of society.

*There were no new options. It offered no options whatsoever. None to speak of. Nada. Nil.
Then I'm confused, you said you didn't have bad friends, but did have friends that I think most parents would have regarded as a bad influence.

Yeah, I was a bad influence, but I also had friends that were a bad influence. 
Quote by ultimate-slash
Bad friends as in friends who could be considered to be a bad influence in any way.

Yeah, some of the people I met in and through college could have been considered bad influences, but those who I've stayed in contact with are still good friends of mine. 

In terms of partying and alcohol, I think everyone had been at the stage off passing out and/or throwing up at one point or another, but unless someone threw up all over the bathroom floor or some shit, we just took the piss out of them a few days afterwards. My main core group of friends didn't really do any drugs aside from weed, and stimulants weren't really our jam. Aside from that, we were just teenagers going through teenage shit, which was really great at times, and really bad at others. I'd say I hung out with a pretty good group, considering some acquaintances of mine were total wreckheads and/or crazy.

EDIT: In terms of whether I was a bad influence or not, I'd say that in most cases I was the voice of reason but I have a few stories of being blackout drunk, and other occasions where acted like a total jerk in order to try to manipulate people into doing what I wanted. Although the latter made me realise that in most circumstances, life is WAY too short for that kind of drama.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Apr 3, 2017,
Did you have "bad friends" when you were a teen? -- No; I was very innocent until like my second semester of college when I got drunk the first time lol.
Do you have them now? Were/are you the bad friend? --- Only in the sense that Banjocal said.
Or friends aside, were/are you a rebellious teen? -- Philosophically, yes (I am a rebellious teen), but not in action.
i've had bad friends and still do and i have been and still am a bad friend
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I had a neighbor friend who was that kid that made shit up constantly but I wouldn't say he was a bad guy. He mostly made things up about video games such as Easter eggs and what not.

I also have a friend who was a dick for about a year and a half in high school but since then he's changed for the better.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by ultimate-slash
Bad friends as in friends who could be considered to be a bad influence in any way.

Yeah, plenty. I was friends with "bad kids" who were always on the honor roll who popped adderall before exams and got wasted every weekend at house parties. I was also friends with skater goth burnout's who barely graduated and smoked bud everyday. I was never a popular kid in school, but I got along with pretty much everyone and had friends in every circle. I'd like to think my friends didn't influence me in a bad way, but they were the ones who introduced me to pot, booze, etc in the first place. Never had a friend betray me or stab me in the back for whatever reason, so I I'm glad my friends were at least genuine people.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I am the bad friend tho
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by k.lainad
Yeah, plenty. I was friends with "bad kids" who were always on the honor roll who popped adderall before exams and got wasted every weekend at house parties. I was also friends with skater goth burnout's who barely graduated and smoked bud everyday. I was never a popular kid in school, but I got along with pretty much everyone and had friends in every circle. I'd like to think my friends didn't influence me in a bad way, but they were the ones who introduced me to pot, booze, etc in the first place. Never had a friend betray me or stab me in the back for whatever reason, so I I'm glad my friends were at least genuine people.

I had this friend in HS that was stoned almost 24/7.
Looked like the stereotypical surfer.
He was also captain of the Math team and probably dreamt everything as calculus equations.

As to the OP, I have been all of the above.
not really, no, though i had some messy friends who didn't keep great control over their own lives once they discovered alcohol

i've had some friends who sucked though
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
most of my small group in high school smoked and used oxy and stuff, and one regularly did coke in the bathroom at lunch, and a couple were in and out of juvy and rehab, but i wouldn't say they were necessarily bad friends.

like they knew i didn't do any of that stuff and never pushed any of it on me.
Hmm, not really, no. If there is someone that's a "bad influence" I still get along with them but are not very close to them in a way that might make me think of them as "bad friends". The rest of my friends are pretty cool.
I won't judge their actions and beliefs as making them "bad friends". As long as they don't act like shitstains it's cool. I wouldn't expect people to try to be "good" friend just for me, that's kind of selfish
Depends on what you mean by bad friend. Do you mean "bad" in the sense that they are terrible people or "the bad kids" that partied and shit?

I didn't have a lot of the former but I knew a ton of the latter.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
For the most part I had good friends in high school, and some of these friendships will last a lifetime.
I didn't have bad friends, although being in bands I've had some toxic band members that I was forced to be "friendly" with due to the fact that we were in the same band. I can talk for very long time on the subject...
I try to avoid toxic band members as much as I can now, as I've found out that these relationships usually end in a crash and burn in the most unusual ways. Like a drummer going nuts and throwing cymbals and drums at the rhythm guitarist at a gig. Too bad we didn't tape that
Quote by ultimate-slash
Do you have them now? Were/are you the bad friend?

We're all posting here, after all.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I've had several bad friends. You tend to notice them more when good friends come around or something changes in life.

One of my friends has recently moved where he lived and got a girlfriend. He's stopped bothering to arrange things because they're too expensive for him plus he has company now, having a girlfriend. It highlights the fact it's just a friendship of convenience for him. He's a bad friend.

This is contrasted by the fact that I've got other friends, who are also in relationships, who actually bothers to make time for me despite the distances.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Depends on what you mean by bad friend. Do you mean "bad" in the sense that they are terrible people or "the bad kids" that partied and shit?

I didn't have a lot of the former but I knew a ton of the latter.

Or maybe one glove wearing high pitched talking bad.
Quote by 33db
Or maybe one glove wearing high pitched talking bad.

Who's bad?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Who's bad?

eeee ooooooooo *grabs crotch*
I had some bad friends at school by which I mean "there were some annoying dicks I hung out with because some non-annoying people I was actually friends with hung out with them"

I lost all contact with the annoying dicks after school and now only have good friends. 
I have nothing important to say