Reversible, safe, longlasting, and 98% effective male contraception technique developed by Indian engineer

Page 1 of 2
http://www.theprovince.com/news/world/male+contraceptive+safe+effective+inexpensive+find+company+sell/13252060/story.html

Doctors are on the cusp of launching the first new male contraceptive in more than a century. But rather than a Big Pharma lab, the breakthrough is emerging from a university startup in the heart of rural India.

For Sujoy Guha, 76, the biomedical engineer who invented the product, the challenge is to find a company that wants to sell it. But male contraception is an area Big Pharma has so far shown little interest in.

Guha’s technique for impairing male fertility relies on a polymer gel that’s injected into the sperm-carrying tubes in the scrotum. The gel, which has the consistency of melted chocolate, carries a positive charge that acts as a buffer on negatively charged sperm, damaging their heads and tails, and rendering them infertile.

The treatment, known as reversible inhibition of sperm under guidance, or RISUG, is reversed with a second shot that breaks down the gel, allowing sperm to reach the penis normally.

The procedure is 98 percent effective at preventing pregnancy-about the same as condoms if they are used every time-and has no major side effects, according to R. S. Sharma, head of reproductive biology and maternal health at the Indian Council of Medical Research. About 540 men have received it in India, where it continues to prevent pregnancies in their partners 13 years after treatment, he said.

Great, I think many men would want to take this. You only get a single injection, it may last up to 13 years, and you can reverse it anytime you want. If 98% is too low for you, a condom can still be used or the lady can still take the pill

It sures beat the hell out of that "take a shot to the dick every day and experience extreme side-effects" contraceptive that showed up some months ago
all this trouble when the butthole is literally right there

I ain't puttin no chocolate in my balls.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
98%? what kinda scrub contraceptive is that? get that number to 100% and we'll talk
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'd take it. Still have condoms for one nighters when I'm out, but you can never be too safe
Quote by Acϵ♠
98%? what kinda scrub contraceptive is that? get that number to 100% and we'll talk

You can still use a condom (which you still should if you are foolin around with strangers). I see this as either:
- Allowing couples to just have the man take the shot and not force the woman to take the pill every single day (in this scenario you do have a point tho, lady pill has a higher effectiveness rate)
- Give more security to a man when he's having normal sex, either with a woman who claimed she took the pill, or even when using a condom, or when he just kind of went solo (maybe drunk, etc). It prevents an accident (98% of the time) that might end in an unwanted baby, or worse, an abortion
Last edited by gonzaw at Apr 3, 2017,
i'd take it, don't want kids.

i'd still wear a condom anyways, can't be too safe.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

But would babies still be conceived normally after the decision was reversed? I know the answer is probably yes but I'd still be too paranoid until further research.

Not like it's anything I ever have to consider anyways.

:')
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 4, 2017,
How often do you have to get this shot?  If it's less than monthly I'd be aboard.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by gonzaw
The article says it works for 13 years, but I bet you would be getting it every 4-5 years or so (for safety)

Holy hell, that sounds amazing.  

My wife and I don't want kids and are totally over the "have to buy condoms again" thing.  I know there are other methods but she's not organized enough generally to take a pill with regularity, nor does her insurance cover other contraceptive options.

FDA COME THE FUCK ON
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 4, 2017,
Look, I'm not gonna deny this is potentially incredible, but the thought of injecting viscous liquids into my scrotum sounds not great. I know first hand what it's like getting intramuscular injections with low vs high viscosity solutions and the latter is not a great experience. The needle stings slightly but the damn liquid burns for hours.

Maybe, y'know, look into different forms of administration before market.
Now an Indian just needs to design something to stop their women getting constantly raped. 
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Look, I'm not gonna deny this is potentially incredible, but the thought of injecting viscous liquids into my scrotum sounds not great. I know first hand what it's like getting intramuscular injections with low vs high viscosity solutions and the latter is not a great experience. The needle stings slightly but the damn liquid burns for hours.

Maybe, y'know, look into different forms of administration before market.

I'll take scrotum pain for a day over deciding between kids and condoms for life. 
Not saying I wouldn't do it, but maybe an adhesive patch would work to alleviate reticence about the operation.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Not saying I wouldn't do it, but maybe an adhesive patch would work to alleviate reticence about the operation.

The article said it was melted chocolate. You just need to add some taste buds inside your scrotum and I think you'd be fine afterwards
Quote by JustRooster
FDA COME THE FUCK ON

not the only thing that'll be coming :upto: :upto:

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
     <a   href="http://propanegasdealerstwentyninepalms.zohosites.com">propane   fill up</a>
does this mean u can't cum on her face no more

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by The_Blode
^ don't be too hard on yourself, JC. . .you're an excellent tabber and possessor of the guitar. . .I was lead to believe in my youth that 'girls dig that' so you got that to hold on to, right?

And besides, if I can get laid, anybody can. . .what with all I've got going on. . .namsayin. . .
I mean I sort of put on this pessimistic bit ironically, but I'm pretty sure "ey bay BAY, I've made 200 tabs and counting, wanna hook me up wit dem digits? " doesn't make a good pickup line.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Nobody is putting a needle near my balls.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by gonzaw
an unwanted baby, or worse, an abortion

or god forbid a wanted baby
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I mean I sort of put on this pessimistic bit ironically, but I'm pretty sure "ey bay BAY, I've made 200 tabs and counting, wanna hook me up wit dem digits? " doesn't make a good pickup line.

You know, there's a reality show to be made out of that concept.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
"Suck on my chocolate salty balls, put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em" - Chef
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by EndTheRapture51
does this mean u can't cum on her face no more

Naw dude, it makes your sperm ineffective. Your wad blows like normal.
sounds cool and I'm down if there are no notable side effects in some people like female pill gets. cba dealing with any of that kinda shit when I'm not even in some relationship.

on the negative side, I hope this taking off doesn't stop people wrapping up when it comes to randoms.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by MH400
Now an Indian just needs to design something to stop their women getting constantly raped. 

are we just going to pretend this didn't happen, orrrr
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

I will continue to rely on my looks and personality to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
hey guys did you know blode is asexual!?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

slapsymcdougal
You're really to hard on yourself, you know there was a psychological study done that suggested self deprecation was a greater damage emotionally than external origin insults.
Say something nice about yourself once in a while, you deserve it.
Quote by MinterMan22
all this trouble when the butthole is literally right there

this post has 24 likes
Quote by Acϵ♠
hey guys did you know blode is asexual!?

Is that like bacteria?
Page 1 of 2